Aviation Supply Chain
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Process Engineer (Wilmington - Rotating Parts)
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Process Engineer will demonstrate leadership in engineering associated with the manufacturing process at the GE Aviation Wilmington site. Specifically, this role will require the understanding of complex and highly technical concepts related to Broach processes. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition you will :
* Work in the manufacturing operation, and support the organization's NC programming needs
* Primary methods of programming are Siemens NX CAM / Concepts UG / Teamcenter and NREC MAX A / B
* Provide NC Programs, methods and technical support as required
* Develop tooling solutions, as needed, both cutting tools and fixturing
* Support equipment purchases and upgrades from spec development through installation
* Lead high impact process and quality improvement projects yielding significant reduction in defects and increased productivity
* Drive Process Improvement / Cycle Reduction initiatives and drive productivity improvements via process changes or improvement
* Assist in solving manufacturing and quality issues utilizing root cause and analysis tools and implementing correct actions
* Assist with operator training initiatives and participate in development of operator training programs
* Pursue state of the art technology and processes to enhance product / process producibility and delivered quality requirements
* Share best practices with other locations
* Utilize lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
* Support the manufacturing engineers and CNC machining operations to cover the CNC program needs of new products, new machines, and daily production
* Determine and formalize technological parameters through CNC programs and participate in the CNC program archiving process
* Ensure full documentation with CNC path, featuring and tooling information
* Contribute new ideas and positive support to the current process by implementing productivity
* Ensure CNC program downloading-uploading to the machines
* Optimize CNC programs for cycle time reductions
* Support the SPTC Group, and working with and / or becoming a CA if needed to support the business
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing with CNC equipment and controls
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Demonstrated expertise in Broach process
* Experience with UG NC programming
* Experience in NC programming with NX CAM
* Experience in program verification tools such as Vericut
* Experience with Fanuc and / or Siemens Controls
* Knowledge in CNC Machines, programming language for Siemens 840D, Fanuc, Renishaw probing
* Ability to read and understand NC machine code (M and G code programming)
* Strong technical writing ability particularly in the area of methods and written instructions in the programs
* Strong organizational and analytical skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Ability to work independently and as a contributing team player
* Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
The GE Aviation Wilmington Plant is a high quality supplier of rotating parts for commercial, military, & marine/industrial engines. The aircraft engines range in takeoff thrust levels from 18,000 pounds to over 100,000 pounds & power aircraft such as Boeing, McDonnell Douglas and Airbus. Components manufactured in Wilmington also go into engines powering numerous military applications like the F-16 and B-2 Stealth Bomber, marine Navy Spruance Class Destroyers as well as electrical power generation & cogeneration. We help set the world standard for safety, reliability, fuel efficiency and low emissions for aircraft and aeroderivative engines. The facility is located approximately 5 minutes from downtown Wilmington along the Cape Fear River. Wilmington boasts a thriving cultural community, a local university, and many tourist activities and destinations.Learn more about our active coastal town!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.