This position is responsible to manage, guide and assist in performing an assortment of tasks within the process engineering department. Provide leadership, strategic guidance and training in the resolution of the process engineering issues.
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow Arconic’s EHS requirements along with all department specific safety requirements.
- Prioritize, guide and facilitate the activities of the process engineering function to meet organizational goals, initiatives and requirements
- Oversee the development of standard policies, procedures and practices to ensure customer requirements are met
- Administer the implementation of process engineering to assure the flow down of industry, customer and corporate standards
- Establish and maintain Process Engineering performance metrics and reporting systems
- Drive improvements by promoting best practice methodologies and new technologies
- Ensure team development by supporting an active training environment
- Conduct periodic management reviews of the process, monitor the effectiveness of implementation and report results to the staff
- Ensure timely and effective resolution of issues resulting from internal, peer and external audits
- Lead the process engineering initiatives to improve production processes and to reduce costs
- Performs other work related duties as assigned Internal Customer Support
- Provide process support for Process Engineers
- Participate in daily management meetings by providing information and data analyses and taking action from the results
Perform all other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to learn new software applications and to write machine specific programs.
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.