Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI! Job Description
- New Product Design and current product design extensions and improvements.
- Cross-functional Team Leader for New Product Design and implementation.
- Manage 1-3 projects using Stage-Gate product development process to deliver projects on Time and on Budget.
- Change Management - present Engineering Change Requests, lead DFMEA, PFMEA and drawing review activities.
- Lead risk management and mitigation - Identify key project risks, categorize, assess corrective actions, lead the implementation of action plans.
- Coordinate Code & Regulatory required testing to maintain certification status.
- Update Control drawings and BOM's as required
- Ability to identify cost savings opportunities
- 4-year engineering degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or Process Engineering.
- 3-5 years leading new product development projects with a capital impact of at least $1M.
- Knowledge of design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA) in a lean environment. This includes the utilization of design reviews and sign-offs to gain organizational buy-in.
- Knowledge of PVC formulations
- Process engineering knowledge in extrusion, light assembly, metal and plastic fabrication and coatings.
- Vinyl Siding or Building Product experience in product development is a plus.
- Successful track record with multiple new product launches generating $5M in revenue.
- Project Management experience recommended.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter acts with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- AutoCAD experience preferred, 3D Modeling experience a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.