What you’ll be doing...
The Governance and Reporting manager coordinates the Verizon Smart Communities (VSC) team across all functions, and interfaces frequently with Enterprise Business Ops team on Agile processes, ensuring that governance and structure around VSC is aligned with activities that are developed in other organizations, as required. This position will work very closely with each solution manager and the VSC sales team to identify and surface to leadership any issues that could impact roadmap and customer obligations.
- Responsible for product PMO coordination and driving VSC staff agendas, communications agendas, off-sites, and ensuring appropriate communications are maintained across departments.
- Responsible for deck creation to track and convey status and operational reporting across the greater VSC and Verizon organization.
- Partners with Sales Enablement, product management, and product marketing functions to identify key reports, functionality /system tasks to improve tracking, usage, and trending.
- Coordinates and reports on Agile product delivery within the Business Ops function.
- Assist on special projects across the organization as needed.
- Assist development of IT Billing enablement systems to create a fully automated structure to track revenue across business units.
- Develop and execute reporting against product roadmap working closely with Solutions Product Managers, IT, Finance, and Pricing Manager.
- Build dashboards working closely with product and sales to track KPIs across multiple data sources.
- Manages Agile product development governance processes, ensuring Product managers are working within the greater Global Products & Services Business Ops functions and following best-in-class practices in product development.
- Continually review current business processes and existing applications solutions supporting them and identify improvements for the short and long term strategic direction.
- Participate in Management meetings and discussions, and provide meaningful input into the generation and modification of policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Information Systems or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of supervisor/management experience.
- Experience in enterprise systems architecture.
Even better if you have:
- MS Degree.
- Technical background.
- Five or more years of supervisor/management experience leading a large group with diverse experience and knowledge.
- Demonstrated success developing/implementing systems to track complex/disruptive models for product solutions, especially Software as a Service & Platform as a Service models.
- Experience in enterprise systems architecture, focusing on large scale, complex, transformational solutions.
- Strong analytical skills, with core ability to operationalize and address strategic imperatives through tactical execution.
- Professional presentation and communication skills to address all levels of the enterprise to include client senior executives.
- Ability to create excellent working relationships with diverse teams and job functions throughout the organization.
- Extensive experience with business process design and evaluation.
- Agile product management experience.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet strict deadlines and carry out assigned projects to completion; establish and maintain solid relations with staff members and internal customers.
- Strong Microsoft Office background, particularly Excel and Power Point.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.