Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Examine varied production, operations, or business processes in order to assess efficiency and diagnose bottlenecks, obstacles, or other inefficiencies. Develop and conduct group process within office or business unit in order to surface and document operating procedures. The results are measured in dollars impacting the customer's P&L and budget.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with business unit or production unit to assess (and document) current operating procedures in large or very complex operating environments. Review unit's operating procedures regarding assessment of the unit's productivity and relative efficiency.
- Leverage structured methodologies and statistics to perform end to end analysis of processes, develop and implement sustainable solutions, in line with the corporate goal of increased operational efficiency and achievement of key financial targets.
- Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies. Analyzes improvement programs and potential results. Facilitates and coaches improvement teams. Establishes and maintains performance metrics to measure program success. Installs process excellence supports for program governance, project reviews, communications, training, certifications and rewards.
- Defines improvement projects aligned with business strategies to change business operations, processes and functions to maximize corporate efficiency.
- Facilitate development and implementation of sustainable process improvement solutions involving teams of functional experts reporting to project sponsors and supporting units.
- Work with partners, such as HR, Finance, and Communications, to ensure alignment of solutions and consistent message. Report project status to management, and alert the Integration team of functional dependencies as they relate to strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from a recognized institution
- Experience implementating process improvement methodologies
- Demonstrated effective communication and faciliation skills across varying levels within an organization
- Experience with process modeling/mapping and Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Project Management experience desired
- MEGA/Hopex tool experience a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.