- Is a cross-functional leader with technical and business system expertise, who overcomes obstacles inherent in organizational structures by providing objective leadership and technical expertise.
- Pulls members from various departments and functions into Focused Improvement (FI) teams to determine root cause and implement solutions to problems.
- Determines priorities with data and with direction from plant leadership, using business systems to capture and analyze data for trouble-shooting, support of operations and justification of investments.
- Ensure the seamless transition to new materials, ingredients, equipment of work processes and drives improvements in throughput, quality, safety and waste reduction.
- Works hand-in-hand, on a daily basis with the key plant functions, including Quality, Operations, Maintenance, Finance, Production Planning, Shipping and HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental).
- Leverages and/or supports capital projects to drive process improvements in support of assignments
- Applies TPM and LSS principles to analyze, plan and execute the requirements of assignments.
- Develops standard operating procedures, specification documents, protocols, training programs, trouble-shooting guides and other documents to establish, improve and sustain operational and maintenance processes.
- Administers training for maintenance, operations, quality and other's affected for updated or new equipment, processes and systems related to assignments.
- Is responsible for developing their own skills and attaining knowledge of plant processes and equipment to allow development of improvement projects and to provide troubleshooting, problem analysis and technical support to the plant as requested.
- Manages multiple projects and duties of varying priorities simultaneously.
- Must be an effective motivator who can engage a diverse group of employees (operators to directors) in the problem solving process.
- Maintains communications with other facilities in sharing "best practices" to drive results and capability development.
- Must be flexible, capable and willing to change and take on additional responsibilities as the business requires and as assigned by manager.
- 4-5 year Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering preferred
- 2-3 years experience in process, packaging or discreet manufacturing industries; food related preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, aggressive, results oriented culture
- Superior team building and communication skills to work with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional people skills, oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical competencies in at least one engineering discipline with proven problem solving skills.
- High level of competency in obtaining, analyzing, applying and presenting data to educate and influence, leveraging tools such as databases, spreadsheets and other business systems and software.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and shifts if requested, including weekends and nights to support the business.
Eligible for Standard Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.