Arconic is currently in search of a Process Improvement Engineer
to join our team in Davenport, IA. Since it opened in 1948, Arconic's Davenport, Iowa aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs 2,200 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 25 percent of revenues coming from exports. Through continued modernization, including over $500 million of investments over the past decade alone, Davenport has maintained its position as the world's premier aerospace supply plant and is today the hub of Arconic's $3 billion aerospace business.
The Process Improvement Engineer
position is responsible for a wide variety of manufacturing process engineering and production activities in a specific production department. He/she has responsibility for coordinating and implementing Lean Manufacturing principles across the department's material flow paths, which requires a complete understanding of the area's manufacturing processes in order to be successful. Additionally, the person in this role will need to focus on tactical projects in the areas of safety, recovery improvement, training, and production. The PIE will coordinating efforts on process improvements, including capital projects, and will support and lead the execution of problem solving efforts related to process and machine improvements. Although the person in this position works primarily daytime shifts M-F, it is expected that they work off-shifts as needed to support the functions of this role.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Four years of manufacturing experience in the metals or similar industry
- The ability to engage with employee at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with the application of lean manufacturing principles in a manufacturing setting
- The knowledge to identify and help resolve process-related problems
- Strong business, technical, computer, and analytical skills (from educational background and/or manufacturing experience)
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.