Nonexempt (N) Reports to/Dept:
Day Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Process Lead is a member of the Asphalt Plant Extended Leadership Team and is responsible and accountable for safety, quality, and production processes and systems. Ensure that process systems are optimized utilizing 5S, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement. The position is responsible for creating and supporting total safety, total quality, and reliability culture.Skills and Abilities:
- Develop and maintain a strong safety culture with effective, efficient safety processes.
- Perform behavior and condition based safety audits
- Monitor the facility and processes for adherence to OSHA regulations, Trumbull Loss Prevention Standards, and Corporate guidelines.
- Assist with LEL testing and recordkeeping.
- Ensure that contractors and visitors adhere to safety, environmental, and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supports and establishes a quality culture within the facility and network that fosters continuous quality improvements.
- Perform quality audits and tests to include operators qualifications finished goods and raw materials against specifications, calibrations, and standard operating procedures related to testing and certificate of testing.
- Ensures overall plant product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and testing methods to include, but not limited to:
- Melting points, flashes, penetrations, DSR, viscosities, stain tests, and the use of all laboratory equipment.
- Performs data base record keeping and maintains quality audit programs
- Perform audits and training for operators on quality procedures and standard operating procedures
- Works to resolve lab testing and equipment issues.
- Takes appropriate corrective action and works with employees to investigate/resolve quality related issues.
- Monitors trends and root causes.
- Maintain UL (Underwriters Laboratories) records and testing as required.
- Submit various asphalt samples to third party testing labs as required.
- Manages sample collection and retention strategy.
- Assists in troubleshooting SAP (Maintenance Work Order System) transactions; provide support to operations and maintenance.
- Ensure all goods and services are received within SAP.
- Coordinate all customer service orders and ensure on time delivery for all Industrial specialties shipped out.
- Review all paperwork for loads shipped were carried out correctly.
- Track site transfers.
- Review and correct clear product confirmation shortage errors.
- Facilitate training and qualify as a trainer where appropriate.
- Responsible for ordering spare part supplies
- Conduct inventory reconciliations.
- Participate on TPM teams, Kaizen and 6S events.
- Drive continuous improvements.
- Perform other duties & tasks as directed by the Plant Leadership Team.Key Competencies:
Knowledge and Skill:
- Critical Thinking
- Decision making
- Safety Awareness & Proactiveness
- Work Standards/Quality
- Contributing to Team Success
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Focus
- High school diploma or general education (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years of College preferred.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Self-starter, motivated and goal oriented. Able to demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Intermediate computer knowledge and skills (MS Office - Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Knowledge of all safe work procedures
- Knowledge of Asphalt Quality standards is helpful
- Knowledge of SAP and Asphalt Testing methods is preferred but not required.
About Owens Corning
- Vision: Must be capable of reading letters and numbers, and have good color perception.
- Range of Motion: Full, some bending, lifting, and standing for extend periods of time.
- Lifting Capacity: Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 40 pounds chest-high.
- Sitting/Standing/Climbing: Standing for 12 hours daily, and moving up and down stairs. Elevated work may be required
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.