Process Manager - Digital Accessibility
As the digital landscape continues to evolve and re-invent itself, it’s never been more important to make sure anyone interested in doing business with us can successfully. With more than 12 million consumer and small business customers who engage daily with our products on the web, mobile and at ATM’s and Branches across the country, we are selectively recruiting for a rock star candidate to join the team that is spearheading Capital One’s Digital Accessibility efforts aimed at delivering accessible products to our customers via all digital channels enterprise-wide.
What will you do?
-Eagerly collaborate with Product, Design and Engineering agile teams across the company to promote the need for accessible products and services
-Educate and train agile teams on specific accessibility requirements and the use of tailored tools that teams can use to bake accessibility in early in the lifecycle vs. back-end testing requiring prioritization and remediation
-Work alongside the Accessibility Tech team to ensure periodic scanning of all applicable digital properties against accessibility requirements using automated tools
-Compile, analyze and deliver reporting of scanning and monitoring results to all enterprise business lines and Business Risk Office for action-oriented consideration (self-service opportunities and/or remediation)
-Leverage prior experience to constantly evaluate and recommend improvements to the accessibility processes and the suite of tools and training materials
-Manage accessibility vendor spend and budget
What we are looking for:
- Zeal for moving beyond simple conformance with stated guidelines
- Eagerness to share industry best practices and learnings from prior experience
- Knowledge and passion for ensuring accessibility is a part of inclusive design and development practices used to empower makers to deliver great products for everyone
- Grounding in human centered design with a natural empathy for consumers with disabilities
- Broad thinking and ability to question the status quo
- You have a high level of intellectual curiosity and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years’ experience with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 AA) and assistive technology devices (JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver screen readers)
- Experience with delivering accessible products and services through the agile lifecycle
- Understanding of CICD development concepts
- Experience reviewing design output (wireframes, visual design comps, content) and writing accessibility specifications for User Experience and Front-End Development teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.