This opening is with Arconic LaPorte Casting, a division of Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets and a leading supplier of forgings for the aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation, and other industrial markets.
As a Process Modeling Engineer, you will construct CAD and FE models and use CFD techniques to model processes and analyze process model results; working with plant process and product engineers to use modeling to more efficiently introduce new product, improve process robustness, improve process yield, reduce cost and improve process understanding. You will work with other modeling engineers to advance the capabilities and applicability of process modeling to investment casting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interact with engineers and customers to understand technical requirements & resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems & root cause analysis.
- Develop new, and refine existing investment casting product to reduce scrap,rework, and manufacturing costs.
- Work concurrently with customers to design components for castability.
- Develop casting processes for new products.
- Assist sales and engineering departments in quotation of new products.
- Maintain customer relationships through joint resolution of issues.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 1+ year of related experience in CAD, finite element methods and computational fluid dynamics
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
•Knowledge of multiple three dimensional CAD applications (UG/Catia/ProEngineer/Inventor)
•Knowledge of a variety of Finite Element Method applications (3D Automeshing/Fluid Flow/Heat Transfer/Stress)
•Knowledge of Linux and Windows
•Experience leading teams in problem solving and solution implementation
•Experience in training and/or mentoring technical staff on capabilities of FE process modeling
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.