CHS has an opportunity within our Renewable Fuels division located in Annawan, IL. We are looking for a Process Operator who is willing to learn the process of our ethanol/biodiesel production facility. CHS offers an excellent benefit package with growth potential. We are seeking someone that is self-motivated and works well with others in a team environment.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Be trained by a knowledgeable staff member to be able to perform the tasks associated with the safe, efficient operation of the ethanol -biodiesel facility
- Become knowledgeable in process operations and understand chemical, biological and mechanical principles.
- Conduct inspections of key process points, make necessary adjustments and identify problems on equipment under your direction.
- Ensure products meet specifications.
- Run routine laboratory analysis as scheduled or directed.
- Conduct basic preventative maintenance as required and assist maintenance techs as needed.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures; alert management of any safety concerns.
- Monitor, maintain, and care for all issued tools.
- Complete the training program for the area assigned.
- Attend the monthly employee training.
- Work together with fellow employees in a professional manner.
- Keep work area clean, orderly, and in a safe condition.
- Hard hats, steel toed boots, eye & hearing protection are provided and required in designated areas.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Process operators work a rotating 12 hour shift to cover 24/7, you may be called upon to cover openings on a shift other than your own.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards, correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to speak and read English
- Able to lift, use tools, shovel, sweep, load & unload, and carry materials up to 50lbs frequently
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 180ft
- Able to stand, walk, and climb stairs as needed.
- Able to work in noisy, dusty, and all-weather conditions
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.