Division Process Safety Engineer
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Job Responsibilities:
Job Accountabilities: Safety:
- Leads hazard reviews using HAZOP, What if and checklist methodologies. Be able organize action items from hazard studies, assign to responsible person and track to timely completion.
- Provision of facilitative leadership to increase the awareness and understanding of all plant personnel in areas of PSM/RMP
- Is actively involved and provides over-site to the MOC process
- Provides assistance in accident investigations to identify root causes and corrective actions. Ensures completion of corrective actions.
- Provides assistance to Field Locations regarding Risk Management and related processes
- Provides technical expertise to Field Locations; sets a personal example of high standards for service and responsiveness to operations needs
- Must have working knowledge of the following standards API, NFPA, OSHA, ASME, and ANSI.
- Input for development and maintenance of mechanical integrity standards, procedures, best practices, inspection contracts and contractor selection.
- Monitors and interprets regulatory compliance for the company regarding Federal, State, and Local regulations and initiatives; interprets Airgas policy and applies them to specific operational circumstances; assist with development of new policies and procedures, and obtains organizational buy-in and commitment
- Serves in capacity of Process Safety Management/Risk Management Plan Auditor
- Identification of PSM/RMP process improvement opportunities and development and/or enhancement of processes and systems that incorporate risk assessment and management into routine work flows.
- Is a role model to the organization by demonstrating a personal commitment to meet and exceed Airgas safety and process safety standards
- Coordinates and assists in the Division HSE activities..
- Reports directly to the Division VP-Safety - Process Gases and will be based in the Lawrenceville GA office.
- Follow without exception, Air Gas standard operating procedures when applicable
- Maintain Regulatory Compliance with all applicable agencies (OSHA, EPA, DHS, etc...)
- Knowledge of Air Gas, our processes and Industrial and Safety Management Systems.
- Participate in creating added value
- Solves Problems
- Manages internal and external customer expectations
- Takes responsibility to ensure that safety functions meets or exceeds operational goals and objectives
- Takes responsibility for personal development; works with the department manager and the corporate HSE for development opportunities.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in process safety engineering
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities and capacity to change organizational culture as it relates to HSE and Risk Management
- Must be able to obtain commitment and foster actions from the field level up to senior management
- Must have adequate communication skills in dealing with difficult individuals and situations
- Must be customer oriented (internal and external)
- Must be flexible and willing to travel up to 50%
- Must possess a Bachelor's level degree in engineering, safety or related discipline
- Certified safety professional a plus
- Must be able to actively participate in HSE inspections, audits, and accident investigations
- Must be able to perform light work; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- Must be able to withstand the physical demands of travel
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.