Drives the adoption of technology at the customer site. Works closely with customers to demonstrate and introduce new technologies, through Demos, on site evaluations, Joint Development Programs and new tool qualifications. Serves as liaison between the customer and the Business Unit for assigned projects, ensuring clear understanding of customer issues and delivery of applicable solutions. When necessary, works closely with customer to optimize tool performance to meet customer process and integration requirements. Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installations, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. Checks and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Engages with customers to understand customer roadmap, interpret the technology needs and identify opportunities for Applied engagement. Specifics of Expectation
Qualifications: Ideal Candidate will be expected to have;
- Reviews and reports system process performance daily to all required parties.
- Reviews resources required to support tools and site to and beyond standard maintenance and performance.
- Employs troubleshooting techniques to resolve a wide range of complex process engineering issues
- Provides with Technical Project Manager the first point of any system performance escalation.
- Creates concise problem statements.
- Designs, collects and analyzes data, analyze and compiles reports on a wide range of complex process engineering experiments.
- Develops, plans and executes process engineering projects
- Trains engineers in measurement techniques of etched films and structures if needed
- Reviews current system process needs and evaluate "tomorrows"
- Communicate closely with Technical Project Manager & BU any process changes or new customer requests.
- Assist in the design and implement new technology, products and analytical instrumentation
- Main driver for any working group material.
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, technical reports and generate process engineering specifications
• Bachelors and Master's degree in Physics, Chemistry or Engineering
• At least 10 years' experience in Semi industry with a focus on either etch products/processes or the manufacture of reticles
• Industry experience can be either with a vendor or customer
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.