CHS has an exciting opportunity within our Renewable Fuels division. We are looking for a Process Technician who is self-motivated, has the desire to learn, and works well with others to work at our ethanol plant located in Rochelle, IL.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Learn and be responsible for performing the manual tasks and overseeing the automated operations associated with the safe, reliable, efficient, and high throughput production of ethanol and co-products.
- Become knowledgeable in process operations and understand chemical, biological, mechanical principles.
- Conduct continuous inspections of key process points, make necessary machinery and equipment adjustments, identify problems on equipment, and continually monitor equipment under your direction.
- Ensure products meet specifications.
- Gather samples for laboratory analysis as scheduled /required, and perform and record required control analyses.
- Perform extra control test made necessary by variable raw material, process difficulties, or process investigational studies.
- Conduct operating maintenance and lubrication is completed as required.
- Gather information for and document on record sheets provided.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures; alert management of all safety concerns.
- Monitor, maintain, and care for all issued tools.
- Complete training program and pass a written exam on operating procedures and emergency shutdown procedures as required by the Process Safety Management Committee.
- Complete required ongoing and supplement training as required for operating and emergency shutdown procedures.
- Complete annual training classes as required on Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Work together with fellow technicians in a professional manner.
- Keep work area clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Wear eye protection at all times, hearing protection and hard hat when required.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business demands.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- High School diploma or GED
- Extensive knowledge of operations, control, and functions of equipment and machinery
- Able to lift, use tools, shovel, sweep, load & unload, and carry materials up to 50lbs frequently
- Able to climb ladders and work at heights up to 120ft
- Able to stand, walk, and climb stairs continuously
- Able to work in noisy, dusty, and all weather conditions
- Able to work extended hours as needed
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Technical degree in related field.
- Strong operator skills