Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Completes a variety of atypical assignments, as needed. Works within defined processes and procedures or methodologies and may help determine the appropriate approach for new assignments. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision. Likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.Key Responsibilities
- Prepares wafers for experimentation to include cleaning. Loads wafers, prepares reactor for experimentation and cleans reactors. Evaluates performance of process system.
- Prepare cross section samples for scanning electron microscope (SEM) analysis and help / guide requestor to optimize sample prep procedure and conditions, identify cutting location based on pattern instructions.
- Operates reactor to perform thin film process, under limited supervision.
- Operate scanning electron microscope (SEM) for cross section and top view or critical dimension (CD) or energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) analysis / imaging pending on job assignment, identify all of patterns of interest, understand image quality requirement and sample/beam interaction to determine optimized condition.
- Records process conditions and experimental observations.
- Understand basic scanning electron microscope (SEM) principle.
- Responsible for multiple technology products.
- Perform scanning electron microscope (SEM) system software alignment functions. Perform routine maintenance procedures, flash, plasma clean etc.
- Evaluates wafers and thin films. Prepares graphs and tables summarizing results.
- Interface with requestors, understand their detail requirement, and communicate on results; help lab on monitoring wafer in process (WIP) and maintaining throughput.
- Checks performance of process system. Orders equipment and supplies, and coordinates with vendors and purchasing.
- Perform routine shut down procedure. Identify problem put tool down and call for service.
- Coordinates instrument repair and maintenance. Coordinates with engineering on wafer evaluations.
- Sets up equipment for experiments. Uses quantitative wafer evaluation and process instrumentation knowledge.
- Has developed proficiency in a range of analytical processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
- Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others to achieve objectives
- May provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality of own work and its contribution to the team
- Uses communication skills to regularly exchange information
- Technical Diploma
- 2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.