Process Technician IV - 2 nd Shift JOB RESPONSIBILITY
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Operate SEM, Dual Beam FIB and EDS equipment to characterize wafers and devices in support of AMAT's applications development, field escalation, customer demonstration, and tool development.
- Perform imaging and sample preparation techniques using best known methods (BKM) developed by the lead SEM engineer.
- Keep Lead engineer updated on tool related performance and issues.
- Thoroughly document all work performed in database, and record all maintenance performed in established logbook.
- Work closely with engineers to understand their requirement. Report the results to internal customers through both written and oral communication, under the supervision of the lead engineer and lab manager.
- Assist with validation tests for new installed equipment in the lab.
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience with sample preparation, SEM and Dual Beam FIB systems.
- Demonstrated strong analytical & problem solving skills. Ability to work in a small team environment, and to work in highly dynamic environment interfacing multiple functional areas.
- Good communication skills and strong motivation for customer support.
- Semiconductor Fab-experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with TEM/STEM sample preparation using a dual beam FIB is a plus.
- Experience with EDS analysis is a plus.
- Associate's degree in a science or technology discipline.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.