Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Processing Tech I. This position is located at the AFSR aerospace manufacturing facility in Torrance, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 39 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC). Key Responsibilities:
- Requires specific knowledge of general heat treat requirements for titanium, nickel based alloys, and stainless steels.
- Use proper heat treat scheduling to ensure proper sequence for product through heat-treating cycles.
- Load and unload furnaces.
- Responsible for heat treat process furnace accuracy and uniformity surveys.
- Must be familiar with the operation, adjustment and routine maintenance of all furnace controllers.
- Work with the computer to analyze the furnace charting program data being generated by each furnace.
- Complete all required paperwork including, but not limited to, furnace maps, furnace charts, work orders and travelers, maintaining all required standards.
- Ability to work in an extreme hot environment.
- Perform general labor as required, be shift flexible and work overtime as needed.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, work instructions, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge in manufacturing and quality processes and principles.
- Experience in
- Ability to read and understand technical product specifications.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Proficient computer skills
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 2 Years of experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refuge
- Experience in the aerospace industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Daily Management, Kaizen teams and workshops, One-Piece-Flow, Standardized Work, etc.
- Experience applying 5S to the work area/department; sort, simplify, shine, standardize, and sustain.
- Experience performing autonomous maintenance