Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Processing Tech II. This position is located at the AFSR aerospace manufacturing facility in Torrance, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 39 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for set-up and operation of miscellaneous plating machines, processing of parts meeting print and specification requirements.
- Troubleshoot plating machines as required.
- Run Dry Film Lube with both Dip and Spray process.
- General knowledge of Cad and Silver plate.
- Prepare daily production reports and forms.
- Shift flexibility and work overtime as needed.
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of production team and team leader.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, work instructions, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge in manufacturing and quality processes and principles.
- Ability to read and understand technical product specifications.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Must be able to work from 5:00am to 1:30pm, Monday through Friday, with overtime as required
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refuge
- Experience in the aerospace industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Daily Management, Kaizen teams and workshops, One-Piece-Flow, Standardized Work, etc.
- Experience applying 5S to the work area/department; sort, simplify, shine, standardize, and sustain.
- Experience performing autonomous maintenance