The Center of Excellence (CoE) Procurement Analyst supports strategic sourcing operations by collecting, analyzing, and managing data to provide key insights for actionable improvements to the procurement organization. The Procurement Analyst will become a key member of several Strategic Sourcing teams providing analytical rigor and technical expertise to produce fact based summary information enabling Senior Procurement personnel to improve their sourcing decisions.
This position will process, extract, and query data to help make decisions. This person will also run optimization software which will require query experience (i.e. SQL) to provide multi-variable solutions based upon the sourcing team's constraints. Key Duties/Responsibilities May Include:
- Gather and analyze key procurement data using data collection techniques (e.g., downloading of transactional data to spreadsheet format) and create metrics in order to report results to Senior Management to be used in business plan and strategy development; Develop savings and avoidance reports, if not in place.
- Create databases to collect and report information from global system bottlers and internal customers.
- Extract, analyze and report mainframe / system data in order to improve supply chain efficiencies using Company sponsored software (e.g., SAP, Excel, Access, and Tableau)
- Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance.
- Review product, packaging and material inventory/availability using demand forecasts, historical orders and software tools in order to support the operations plans and customer demand of the plants (Company and Bottlers).
- Maintain and update all departmental volume and Spend (Price X Volume) reporting for use in key communications and internal/external stakeholder inquiries in order to facilitate accurate volume/spend related transactions & reporting.
- Assist in the development of cost models, data collection and measurements to provide regarding product performance and services.
- The position will be expected to communicate primarily with internal stakeholders (Company and Bottlers), but may also have discussions with external suppliers and 3rd party (e.g., consultants, industry organizations). The position will be responsible for collecting, ensuring accuracy and cleansing data provided from multiple sources for use in routine and complex problem solving.
- The position requires a deep understanding of quantitative analysis and the proper handling and interpretation of data coming from multiple sources. The position will be responsible for populating and maintaining complex databases to provide fact-based information for multiple procurement categories. Additionally, Procurement Analysts will be called upon to provide analytical support during the supplier evaluation and negotiation process. The position will be expected to handle a significant amount of data which provide fundamental support to Category managers as they develop, execute and manage sourcing strategies.
- The position will be responsible for collecting and verifying the accuracy of data used in the development and implementation of complex models and decision frameworks. In completing this work, the position will develop techniques to improve the collection and verification of the data which we then expected to document and share the processes as best practices.
: Bachelor's Degree required/Master's preferred in a quantitative or engineering discipline such as Operations Management, Decision Sciences, Business Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or Logistics is highly preferred. Related Experience/Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year of data analytics, data management and/or financial analysis, procurement, supply chain, logistics or operational experience.
- Excellent to Expert Excel
- Comfortable with handling large quantities of data from multiple sources: Ability to clean data, merge databases, manipulate data
- Understanding of relational databases and unique identifiers
- Create excel based charts and visuals
- Ability to summarize data using pivot tables
Preferred Technical Skills:
- DRIVE INNOVATION : Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS : Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER : Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- INSPIRE OTHERS : Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS : Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer
- Data Extraction: Ability to extract and query data from systems (e.g., PAPA$, SAP, Focus, Billing and Promotions, Nielsen, Compass, PLUS, OPS, Messenger)
- Data Validation: Knowledge of and ability to understand and resolve data inconsistencies or variances
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier; Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics; Ability to measure against those standards; Ability to communicate performance standards and metrics
- Record Retention: Knowledge of the policies and procedures for storing and retaining financial, non-financial and company documents
- Requirements Planning: Knowledge of how to plan materials and service requirements in order to support ongoing business
- Software Applications: Knowledge and use of technical software applications appropriate to the specific work activities (e.g., basic Company applications, MS OFFICE, SAP, DBS, MRP, OPS, JDEdwards, Service Source, MRP II)
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of SAP systems; strong skills in Powerpoint, Word, and Access and/or SQL and other querying tools.
- Understanding of using intermediate macro development / VBA capabilities
- Familiarity with optimization tools and basic understanding of constraint development (and preferably linear programming).
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy)
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top