Position supports value generation sourcing and process improvement initiatives to optimize Tufts Health Plan spend. The ideal candidate will possess: 1). 3-5+ years of experience participating in strategic sourcing and operational/value generating initiatives 2). knowledge and expertise across various sourcing categories and 3). the strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills to act as a change agent.
Excellent analytical skills, business acumen, communication skills, and the ability to work with analytical tools (e.g., Excel, Access, etc.) are also critical
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Conduct analysis in Excel, Access and other tools to support procurement activities including spend analytics, budget analysis, bid analysis, etc.
* Leverage spend analytics to identify consolidation opportunities; understand total cost of ownership and cost drivers, analyze product/service specifications to identify rationalization opportunities; analyze demand and spend to identify patterns and reduction opportunities
* Analyze market intelligence to build business cases and should cost models to identify and quantify improvement opportunities for both sourcing and non- sourcing -- e.g., demand management, process improvements, insource vs. outsource, etc.
* Gather requirements and specifications from business and category experts to ensure that proposed solutions meet business needs
* Execute strategic sourcing projects utilizing best practice sourcing methodology to deliver exceptional total cost value and supply assurance
* Assess supplier capabilities and identify new sources of supply
* Develop sourcing strategies based on baseline data, market dynamics and business requirements
* Manage the planning and launch of RFx events, leveraging eSourcing tools; execute eAuctions as appropriate
* Analyze complex bidding and award scenarios leveraging multi bid analysis model to facilitate fact based supplier selection
* Supports negotiation strategy development and execution Develop transition plan to new supplier and support implementation
* Work with suppliers and key stakeholders to manage supplier performance
* Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
* Review contract terms and work with suppliers, stakeholders, and PNA departments such as Risk Management and Legal to ensure PNA's terms and conditions are accurately met.
* Develop, produce and deliver supplier information and metrics to all levels of management, thereby ensuring SLAs and/or KPIs are met.
* Track and properly allocate procurement savings and costs to divisional budgets.