POSITION PURPOSE -
The Procurement Analytics Manager will create and provide regular flow of spend analytics to Procurement category teams to better support decision making across the organization. He/she will be tasked to collect and analyze spend data and provide visibility into total spend activities across all Indirect categories. This role will be responsible for aligning data strategy with business requirements, measuring performance, tracking key performance indicators, and reporting category level savings.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Effectively analyze spend data, proactively identify trends to inform spend decisions, and help achieve planned savings on programmatic categories per the Strategic Sourcing Plan.
- Informs annual Strategic Sourcing Plan and category decision making by tracking, benchmarking and reporting key performance indicators (e.g., non-compliant spend, category spend drivers, realized savings, etc.).
- Develops processes for and manages the collection and categorization of spend and supplier performance data to deliver consistent and credible analysis to inform category level strategies.
- Manages regular analysis and reporting of spend and savings realized by category.
- Leads cost modeling / bottoms-up costing as needed as well as data collection and analysis for cost modeling used in strategic sourcing events / negotiations.
- Leads tracking and reporting of realized category savings, identifies key areas of risk, and recommends continuous improvement actions to reflect evolution of the business.
- Collaborating with stakeholders, business partners, developers, business analysts and project managers to deliver high quality solutions
NATURE AND SCOPE - Typically reports to Sr Mgr or Director of Purchasing. Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS -
EDUCATION REQUIRED - The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 10
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES - PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Negotiation skills - able to negotiate in adversarial situations to arrive at the best deal in terms of cost and quality to meet sourcing needs.
Product knowledge - a thorough understanding of the product category and market to which he/she is assigned. Superior leadership and relationship building skills; ability to coach and develop direct reports.
Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills.
Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
Solid understanding of business contract law.
- Master’s degree in Analytics, Finance, or Information Systems or related field is preferred
- Two to four years of experience in analytics is preferred.
- Two to four years of Procurement, experience is preferred.
- Software Experience: Tableau, SAP, SharePoint, SQL, Trade Extensions Optimization Tool
- Database Experience: Google Big Query, Teradata, Access
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Deep analytical and problem solving skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with internal and external customer base
- Knowledge of what financial targets are possible for a category of merchandise and what financial targets are possible for each division
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!