Responsible for interfacing with factories and owning the Business Partner relationship with a business of modest size. Manage and or escalate ensure-supply challenges from supplier, factory or other business channels, in support of case fill rate (CFR), asset intensity (AI), or adherence to scope of work targets. Actively engage in cross functional innovation & renovation (I&R) project teams to clearly communicate sourcing constraints, supply risks & mitigation strategies as they relate to the project.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to Stand Taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare? Join our Purina Family.
- Ensure early Procurement involvement in event management projects and Nestlé Product Development and Introduction (NPDI).
- Serve as Procurement lead on NPDI projects and share requirements of projects with Category Management Team.
- Serve as Procurement lead on COE projects and inform management of scope and progress.
- Understand business requirements and challenges; including priorities, must win battles and key value drivers.
- Transmit understanding to the category management teams at the appropriate level so the category sourcing strategies and priorities are defined accordingly.
- Confirm Business objectives, challenges, projects, requirements and expectations are shared with the Category Management Team to help shape strategic planning.
- Lead sourcing strategies at business level within the sourcing strategy implementation plan.
- Identify necessary activities and resources needed to achieve implementation of chosen sourcing strategies.
- Lead and/or organize kick off events with implementation teams and coordinate follow up activities with suppliers and Business participants.
- Confirm that the contract meets the requirements of the contract coverage model. Share findings with Nestlé Global Business Services and resolve any issues related to the maintenance of the Quality Info Record (QIR).
- Implement or lead implementation of sourcing strategies at business level, within the overall implementation plan of the sourcing strategy.
- Present or support the presentation of the category strategy summaries to the Business stakeholders to gain alignment and approval as applicable.
- Ensure supplier selection is approved by Business stakeholders and communicate award decision to those affected.
- Provide compelling category and sourcing insights to the business to contribute to overall strategies.
- Consolidate material cost forecast reports (data, graphs, commentary) and present to Business stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide Business feedback to Category Management Team.
- Play an active role in our Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program.
- Ensure performance survey is completed by market stakeholders.
- Participate in key meetings, ensure right stakeholder engagement, and escalate through senior contacts with local suppliers where needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent degree
3+ years sourcing, purchasing and/or material management, technical/manufacturing experience and/or or equivalent experience required.
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.