Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Procurement Center Manager - America's
at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Manage the Americas Procurement Center in the execution of procurement activities which support the capital (engineering, equipment, materials and services), construction and logistics areas for Air Products' capital projects.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other technical area, 15 years of work experience including 10 years in an engineering or procurement function. The candidate will have a demonstrated record of team leadership, managing complex projects and of achieving results.
The position directs a team of sourcing specialists and procurement professionals that is responsible for executing, negotiating, implementing and maintaining competitively advantageous supply arrangements. The team comprises sourcing specialists, logistics specialists, source inspectors and expeditors. The incumbent is recognized as the primary procurement interface with the engineering and business teams they support.
The incumbent is required to support sourcing strategies for new opportunities and to execute them when a project is won and kicked off. The incumbent will work closely with the Global Strategic Sourcing Manager and the Global Construction Subcontractor Manager to ensure execution strategies are aligned with developed product sourcing strategies. The Procurement Center is responsible for buying below budget for active projects and for meeting or improving schedule whilst maintaining quality requirements.
This position will also assist with critical relationship management for key suppliers. The incumbent will interface at senior management levels within the supplier's organization to represent Air Products' interests. The incumbent is responsible for implementing new approaches and execution strategies to improve our total cost of ownership and operating efficiencies. The position must understand current be best-in-class sourcing strategies and supply-chain methodologies across industry.
Average Annual Project Portfolio: $500 MM
Project Size Range: $1-300 MM
Operating Budget (direct labor + OH): $2.5MM
Number of Direct Reports (approx.): 12
Overall Supervision: 12 employees
- Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
- Exemplify the Air Products leadership competencies daily: Lead & Inspire; Manage Execution; Strategic Mindset
- Proactively bring Procurement expertise to bids and projects to improve and sustain competitiveness.
- Communicate and develop execution strategies to respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
- Negotiate the best pricing for individual opportunities and projects, aligned with product sourcing strategies.
- Lead the organization to pursue innovative supplier solutions that maximize the value proposition across the supply chain.
- Manage the team to follow the procurement work processes and tools.
- Interface at senior management levels within the suppliers' organizations to represent Air Products' interests.
- Attract, retain and develop a staff of world-class sourcing, logistics, inspection and expediting professionals.
- Use the S&OP work process to manage resources to support new bid and project work.
- Set a leadership example by cultivating a team environment that values diversity and inclusion
- Mentoring, develop and performance manage through regular coaching, feedback review.
- Team leadership
- Excellence in supplier negotiation
- Strong external focus
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive collaborator
- Ability to achieve assigned results
- Strong influencing, coaching, communication and facilitative skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Change agent
- Strong work process knowledge of systems and solutions
- BS Engineering or other technical area plus 15+ years' experience, including people management. Masters of Business Administration degree can be helpful.
- 10 years' experience as a procurement professional
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.