The Procurement Director for General & Administrative, Global Indirect Lead - BU and CEPG interface
manages strategic sourcing initiatives globally as a part of The Coca-Cola Company. This specific role works with TCCC stakeholders and bottlers to identify procurement opportunities, develop sourcing strategies, negotiate global contracts, and help clients implement solutions that deliver business value. This position reports to the Global Director, General & Administrative (G&A) for Global Sustainable Procurement (GSP) and will work with extended team members from BU procurement and analytics resources. The sourcing work involves complex strategic planning and the fuller integration of sourcing strategies with overall business strategies through effective interactions with stakeholders and suppliers. The selected individual will plan, facilitate and lead complex negotiations; finalize difficult supply arrangements, and conduct the appropriate analysis to develop sound strategies. Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives using Collaborative Procurement Model to meet business requirements and maximize value to participants.
- Support business strategies and objectives through effective procurement of goods and services while building robust working relationships with business partners.
- Develop innovative approaches to sourcing while using analytics and processes to determine scenarios, benefits, risks and change management impact of each of those options.
- Provide product and service expertise to the Coca-Cola system that builds bottler relationships, improves collaboration and increases network participation in order to leverage system spend and decrease total costs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior management of strategically important global and regional suppliers in order to support and enhance the supply strategies of the Coca-Cola system.
- Lead negotiations of global master agreements that result in preferential pricing, terms and conditions for the Coca-Cola system.
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
- Build alignment with internal stakeholder groups about the sourcing strategy and procurement process for products/services in order to identify business needs and to ensure implementation to realize procurement value.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit The Coca-Cola System.
Related Work Experience & Education
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry research and cost models if appropriate.
Minimum: 10 - 12 years of work experience in procurement or relevant related field with a Bachelor's Degree.
Preferred: 10+ years supply chain or procurement experience with a Master's Degree and global work experience Functional Skills
- Strong leadership skills with track record of transforming a sourcing area or an organization, implementing new thinking, approaches, and strategies.
- Procurement Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of procurement processes and applications to diverse categories to deliver value for the business. Includes the ability to use financial models, industry knowledge, and the client's business requirements to develop and implement optimized business solutions.
- System Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of TCCS global and regional procurement organizations, strategies and priorities to ensure alignment of procurement activity.
- Working as a Global Team: Ability to work as part of a virtual global team to collaborate across geographic and organizational boundaries to deliver better business results and share best practices across a global System.
- Strategic Sourcing Strategy: Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies by product or service to ensure that formal supplier agreements activate the elements of the sourcing strategy and support delineated performance standards. Includes the ability to create selection criteria to qualify suppliers for the bid process.
- Data and Analytics: Ability to use data and apply robust analytics to model various business scenarios and analyze resulting cost, impact, risks, and benefits to inform and recommend business solutions.
- Best Practices: Knowledge of the category, procurement, industry and business best practices to guide thought leadership and ensure effective procurement strategies. Includes the ability to recognize value creation opportunities within and across Bottlers and Business Units.
- Competitive Analysis: Knowledge of sources for competitive analysis including supplier and industry data to build competitive intelligence, inform business planning and optimize decision-making. Includes the ability to create and analyze industry cost models order to assess suppliers' competitive capabilities.
- Contracts and Agreements: Ability to read, edit and interpret contractual documentation. Knowledge of contract terms, applications and legal requirements, including the ability to manage performance to contracts and agreements. Ability to explain requirements contained in agreements. Knowledge of the types of agreements and the appropriate usage under various customer circumstances. Ability to explain, at a high level, the legal implications of a contract agreement. Ability to lead the process of completing and compiling agreements. Ability to insert contract language that operationalizes business relationships with suppliers in order to protect Coca-Cola interests and withstand legal challenges.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Estimated 10% global travel annually