The candidate will own the global Contingent Labor Program, working closely with Shire's global MSP and internal stakeholders to expand the program outside the US. Shire recently launched a new MSP in the US, and we are focused on increasing transparency and efficiency via the MSP relationship. Work closely with leadership to communicate the drive the overall category strategy. This role encompasses a combination of strategic and operational activities, as the Procurement Lead owns day to day operations, supplier relationship management and development and execution of a global strategy.
Category Knowledge: Specific areas within scope include: Temporary labor, contingent labor, supplier relationship management, program development, change management and program adoption A preferred candidate will have an intermediate knowledge level in at least one of the areas. Specific areas within scope include:
Category Knowledge: Specific areas within scope include: Temporary labor, contingent labor, supplier relationship management, program development, change management and program adoption A preferred candidate will have an intermediate knowledge level in one of the areas.
Strategic Sourcing: Experience with the various sourcing tools and analytical methods commonly practiced and used within a world-class Global Procurement organization.
Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrated / proven typical skills and knowledge required to contribute to a Global Procurement organization.
Span of Control: The position is local or regional in and be expected to manage a total expenditure of $100M to $200M. The individual may be required to implement a global sourcing strategy into local market(s).
As procurement influence is still growing within Shire, the role will need to work closely with the functional business units to create value added category strategies and hold strong sourcing events. The candidate will need to have interpersonal, communications and problem solving skills. They should display a passion for strategic sourcing, supply management and operational procurement. Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Please note the percentage of time spent on each job duty is an estimate for normal operating conditions.
Category Management & Delivery
In partnership with Head of HR Prof Services, Procurement and working collaboratively with stakeholders, develop a strong Contingent Labor category strategy. Co-develop and execute Sourcing Strategies with the Business, advising and guiding the process to the best-fit approach, tactics and tools (e.g. outcome-based specifications, RFP/RFI/RFQ builds, E-auctions, KPI/SLA development). Contribute to raising standards of vendor management (e.g. Post Contract Management (PCM)) by implementing it with key suppliers. Deliver excellence in front-end procurement activities, including market research, demand management, spend analytics, Category Strategy development, negotiation, E-Procurement , stakeholder engagement. Deliver procurement activities, including enabling the Business to self-serve Post Contract Management (PCM), KPI & SLA development and tracking, Stakeholder engagement, Communications, Risk and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM). Utilize established tools/systems & adheres to all Shire policies.
Focus on a target audience of Operational level stakeholders to gain support & buy-in to executing plans. Engage procurement executives as appropriate. Increase engagement with the Business to improve coverage, especially where Procurement is engaged late or not at all. Learn business area needs, assist with developing strategies and priorities, and communicating these to line management and service accordingly. Ability to explain procurement practices, benefits to the organization, the value of Supplier Relationship Management participation in this post contract management. Meet regularly with stakeholders to ensure alignment & solicit feedback. Demonstrate Shire values in all relationships (including suppliers).
Processes, Metrics & Execution
Contribute to the development of robust metrics, methods and systems and inputs feedback from stakeholders Use market research to ensure that Shire stays abreast of latest market cost/value/innovation developments per Category. Ensure compliance to policies and Audit remediation. Responsible for the negotiation and contract management process.
Enable Shire to get the best out of its suppliers by working in partnership with them for mutual good business. Help the Business conduct post contract management (PCM) and facilitate supplier relationship management (SRM) with key (top 20%) suppliers. Ensure Procurement, the Business and Suppliers conduct business ethically, and within the Company's Anti Bribery and Corruption and FCPA guidelines. Alert the leadership to any improper practice. Encourage Supplier Diversity. Education & Experience Requirements
Key Skills and Competencies
- BA or BS required.
- Demonstrated ability of working with cross functional teams in a complex, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization.
- 5 - 7 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability of Category Management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence others.
- Indirect functional expertise and role.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver value-added results to the organization by applying financial analysis principles and procurement discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Shire's operating philosophy, policies and procedures
- Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Shire employees. Shire expects all employees to embody the following:
- Be Positive
- Be Accountable
- Be Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
- Strategic Thinking : Understands clearly key external developments and trends, such as market needs, competition and technology that are likely to impact the business and feeds this knowledge into the end-to-end Category Strategy. Develops solutions that reflect a thorough understanding of Shire's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Addresses potential issues through effective planning. Applies extensive, expert knowledge and experience to support the business direction. Identifies and utilizes the best available knowledge and expertise from inside or outside the organization. Can take complex, abstract ideas or situations and distill the fundamental issues and articulate the solution in an easy to understand way.
- Teamwork : Fosters an environment of collaboration. Understands and values the collective strengths and experience of the Team and knows when to draw on complementary skills to meet the required objectives. Actively builds bridges between areas by uncovering and working to remove barriers. Works hard to generate commitment and loyalty across the team.
Other Job Components Complexity and Problem Solving
Internal and External Contacts
- Must support business needs within Shire and be aligned with Global Procurement. Needs to understand the sourcing and operational complexities of the category of spend. Must be able to work on cross-functional and/or cross-site teams to achieve objectives. Strong team working skills required as well as sound diplomacy skills. Superior negotiating skills while representing Shire to suppliers and negotiating formal commitments for services/products. Knowledge of multiple spending patterns, supplier processes, business processes across the company must be employed to effectively make decisions representing internal clients and the relationships with Shire's suppliers.
- Communicates opinions, facts and thoughts with clarity, transparency and honesty. Seeks multiple perspectives and listens openly to others' points of views. Enables and demonstrates the courage to speak up on issues and risks as well as on the good news. Interacts, communicates and coordinates with people at all levels, both internally and externally. Has a high level of interaction with Shire Supplier community and should represent Shire as the key point of contact for Shire's International supplier community.
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.