PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
PwC's US Finance organization is a strategic business advisor responsible for managing the firm's financial risk, including: financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with strategic and tactical matters. Services include: budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, data and analytics, shared services and financing. Finance works daily with US Leadership, engagement partners and managers on managing the profitability of engagements.
Finance has assisted other PwC Network firms regionalize their financial operations. Finance also analyzes potential acquisitions, assisting with the integration (including system needs) and educating partners/managers on how to navigate our various financial systems.
As a part of Finance, procurement is a centralized team responsible for the purchasing of capital, expensed equipment and services for the Firm. This team oversees vendor relationships with suppliers; reviews outsourcing arrangements; leads supplier diversity initiative; and works as a strategic advisor for other service arrangements (e.g., off-shoring, staff augmentation, etc.).
Supporting Procurement, the Legal team is responsible for providing a clear focus on the implementation of a consistent, comprehensive approach to contracting and the implementation of supplier agreements while building and enhancing the legal capabilities of the legal support team. The Legal team will support the Procurement team in drafting vendor contracts using established templates which represent the best interests of the Firm and by providing legal advice during sensitive or difficult vendor negotiations. The team will focus on continuous improvement of the tools, templates and processes in order to enhance the overall capabilities of the Procurement organization.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 2
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
Degree Preferred: Juris Doctorate
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success as a legal consultant to procurement, preferably for a global network of professional services firm, including the following areas:
- Commercial contracts to make certain staff negotiate and prepare sound, favorable contracts that preserve the firm's position and minimizes risk;
- Supplier contracts using established templates representing the best interests of the firm and aligned with OGC guidelines;
- Procurement contract management processes and source to pay systems;
- Thought leadership in minimizing risk issues to the firm; and,
- Legal contracts experience utilizing process workflow for business case scenarios so that the best, highest accuracy processing methods are implemented and executed.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a legal consultant to procurement, preferably for a global network of professional services firm, including the following areas:
- Working as both an individual contributor and team member identifying and addressing the needs of the procurement legal team;
- Implementing negotiation techniques;
- Providing succinct and clear communication both written and orally to a wide variety of audiences, including writing clear unambiguous contract terms; and,
- Utilizing software to analyze data and summarize information, such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and other related firm-issued tools.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.