Under general supervision of the Vice President of Operations, with a dotted line to the Director of Operations at the supported distribution centers, responsible for working with the National Replenishment Center and appropriate divisional personnel for the purpose of managing the service level in the Distribution Centers. This position may have multiple division responsibility. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Serves as the primary contact for the National Replenishment Center (NRC) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) personnel.
- Provides information on customer demand changes or other external events to the NRC to enhance service level performance.
- Creates divisional transfers and supplier purchase orders for emergency purposes.
- Works with Inventory leadership to support the prevention, reduction, or disposition of slow and obsolete inventory.
- Responsible for the approval, release, and communication of issues for divisional transfers.
- Reviews weekly and monthly reports generated by the NRC in an effective and timely manner.
- Maintains and comprehends the customer allocation system to effectively create customer override allotment quantities and communicate customer demand changes to the NRC Buyers. Assists the NRC in ensuring supplier lead time compliance.
- Coordinates or manages activities necessary to support SCM sponsored events such as LIFO, Auto ship, special promotional events, or supplier audits; in conjunction with appropriate divisional personnel.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules, and DEA regulations.
- Must be able to work extended hours when necessary
- Position may have multiple division responsibility. Travel is required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. A degree in Supply Management or Supply Chain logistics preferred. Normally requires two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of ABC policies, programs & services and products
- Understanding of Federal, State and local regulatory agencies
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of time
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Ability to create report variances
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook