Procurement ManagerAirgas ProcurementJob Description:
Responsible for leading Airgas procurement with guidance from Procurement leadership (reports to Director of Procurement), including setting and contributing to the goals, accountable for the results, and developing foundational department initiatives.
Execute Supply Chain functions, including the management of all sourcing, negotiations, contract management, contract administration and supplier performance management functions. Responsible for administration including personnel management, financial management, reporting, process improvement and strategic planning. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership and execute core supply chain management responsibility within the Procurement team, which includes sourcing, negotiations, contract management, contract administration and supplier performance management.
- Champion the vision, goals and objectives of the Supply Chain Management organization to both direct reports and customer-stakeholders.
- Develop deep understanding of the global market, including conditions and competition. Evaluate contract relationships through bid analysis and market comparatives, including identifying savings realized and new potential opportunities.
- Monitor, assess and adjust sourcing strategies based on supplier and market intelligence.
- Implement multiple strategies leveraging Total Cost of Ownership, Lease vs. Buy and Economic Value models.
- Develop and lead the development of sourcing strategies and solutions that deliver demonstrative value. Meet with key customers routinely and proactively advise customer stakeholders of sourcing and contract value opportunities. Develop and negotiate long-term supplier contracts with support of Group and Hub procurement teams, business units, and management, while considering total cost of ownership and continuous improvement throughout the contract term
- Develop commercial agreements clearly detailing expectations, roles and responsibilities, continuous improvement initiatives and consequences of failure to deliver expectations
- Develop short and long range strategic operational objectives to enhance the effectiveness of sourcing solutions that align with the organizations strategic plan.
- Develop, review and evaluate financial and productivity reports to identify areas for potential expense reduction, and operational improvement, by leveraging the sourcing process.
- Participates in reviewing emerging opportunities within the supply community and acting as an advisor to management.
- Ensure current and continued compliance with all regulatory requirements, policies and procedures both internally and externally to the organization
CORE COMPETENCIES ARE:
- Develop and ensure compliance with sourcing/procurement policies and procedures.
- Organizational Commitment
- Customer Service Orientation
- Communicating Effectively
- Managing Competing priorities
- Solution Focused Decision Making
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive managerial experience in Supply Chain Management/Procurement/Purchasing
- Demonstrates solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player at executive levels to collaborate with business units and functional partners like IT, finance, HR, legal, etc. The biggest reason for CPOs not staying long at a firm is due to culture
- Solid operational management and general business skills and savvy
- Industry knowledge in terms of broad industry dynamics on the buy-side (and the sell-side), but also the internal knowledge and "language of the business"
- Excellent communication skills and even better listening skills that allows them to get the "voice of the internal customer" and to understand the company culture and how to best communicate procurement's value to it
- Ability to "sell" procurement's value and to run procurement as a services business like any other well-run professional services business
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices, but doesn't have to come from within the procurement ranks
- Strong negotiation skills to use for large commercial deals
- Experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
- Change management skills and self awareness to take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders (e.g., expert model vs. facilitative model)
- Analytical mindset, but also creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches that have historically "boxed-in" procurement
- Required: Bachelor's degree in engineering, management or any business related field.
- Preferred: Advanced degree in business, management, engineering or related field.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.