Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company with 2016 sales of $11 billion, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide . The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases , and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace , chemicals , food and beverage , electronics , energy , healthcare , manufacturing, primary metals and many others. More information about Praxair, Inc. is available at www.praxair.com
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Procurement Manager to join our dynamic Global Procurement and Materials Management (GPMM) team in Tonawanda, NY. This position is responsible for strategically leading high level critical commodity sourcing through deep understanding of the supply chain, market economics and competitive structure of targeted suppliers and industries. The role will manage regionally sourced commodities generally with a total managed spend of less than $20MM. PROCUREMENT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing, commercialization, and management of regional equipment such as Cooling Towers, Water Pumps, Chillers, Electrical Switchgear, MCC, Transformers and others including supplier development and management. (Other commodities may be added as required.)
- Understands commodity supply market economics and competitive structure of targeted suppliers and industries.
- Actively seek cost saving opportunities for development of these commodities within the various regions.
- Manage key suppliers associated with the above commodities and foster strategic relationships in support of creating a competitive advantage for Praxair.
- Champion of the strategic sourcing process. Extract relevant data from diverse sources. Utilize cross functional sourcing team approach to develop and implement sourcing strategies specific to the commodity and Praxair's businesses globally.
- Develop and lead supplier measurement process with critical suppliers. Understand key performance metrics and drives continuous improvement with support of Praxair's quality system.
- Use total cost of ownership levers to achieve cost reduction / cost avoidance, cycle time reduction, improved services, increased reliability or productivity improvements.
- Maintain a key role in commercial activities with suppliers, engineering, operations, and project management. Develop synergistic relationships with key suppliers. Has lead role in optimizing supplier base in order to provide sustainable competitive advantage.
- Measure the results of strategy implementation and provide actionable feedback to business stakeholders. Develops key metrics, forecasting and spend/save reports with the objective of enhancing the understanding of terms and market activity. Improve compliance and use of management control tools. Conduct supplier workshops to secure competitive knowledge and latest technology. Create and negotiate supply agreements consistent with Praxair's business interests.
- Understand supplier capacity and lead time issues, and effectively communicate risks back to project team and business.
- Establish relationship with Regional Project Managers/teams and conduct regular communications with same. Proactively manage expectations between regional Global Supply Systems (GSS) and regional Global Procurement and Materials Management (GPMM), personnel, and suppliers so deadlines are met.
- Facilitate timely review of all proposals and ensure most competitive opportunity is included in FEL-2 estimate and will understand / identify all corresponding risks & opportunities. Understand and adequately address all transportation, currency, tax, and duty issues in the development of the FEL-2
- Facilitate import / export requirements and transportation planning between suppliers and regional GSS/GPMM organization.
- Facilitate timely award of all PO's and ensure "Global" terms and conditions are incorporated into regional PO's.
- Negotiate all supplier back charges and claims.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is required. (An MBA is desirable)
- 5 years' of experience working with equipment in direct support of capital projects is required.
- PMP or IACCM certification is desirable
- Experience with Commercial Contracts a plus
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.