The Procurement Manager - G&A
manages strategic sourcing initiatives as part of The Coca-Cola Company. The role works across all G&A categories to execute sourcing strategies, negotiate global contracts and implement solutions that create business value. Additionally, the role will implement sourcing strategies to better manage tail spend. This position reports to the Global Director, G&A, and will work with extended team members from BU procurement and analytics resources. Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Lead or participate in global and regional sourcing initiatives using 7-step sourcing process (7SSP) to meet business requirements and maximize value to participants.
- Support strategic sourcing objectives through effective procurement of goods and services while building robust working relationships with business partners.
- Develop innovative approaches to sourcing while using analytics and processes to determine scenarios, benefits, risks and change management impact of each of those options.
- Do category and supplier research to understand the market as part of sourcing initiatives.
- Lead or participate in negotiations of global or regional master agreements that result in preferential pricing, terms and conditions for the Coca-Cola system.
- Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholder groups to ensure implementation of sourcing initiatives to realize procurement value.
Related Work Experience & Education Required
Minimum: 5 years of work experience in procurement or relevant related field; Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: 7+ years supply chain or procurement experience and global work experience. Consumer Products
industry experience preferred. Leadership Behaviors
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
- Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of procurement processes and applications to diverse categories to deliver value for the business. Includes the ability to use financial models, industry knowledge, and the client's business requirements to develop and implement optimized business solutions.
- Working as a Global Team: Ability to work as part of a virtual global team to collaborate across geographic and organizational boundaries to deliver better business results and share best practices across a global System.
- Data and Analytics: Ability to use data and apply robust analytics to model various business scenarios and analyze resulting cost, impact, risks, and benefits to inform and recommend business solutions.
- Competitive Analysis: Knowledge of sources for competitive analysis including supplier and industry data to build competitive intelligence, inform business planning and optimize decision-making.
- Contracts and Agreements: Ability to read, edit and interpret contractual documentation. Knowledge of contract terms, applications and legal requirements, including the ability to manage performance to contracts and agreements. Ability to explain requirements contained in agreements. Knowledge of the types of agreements and the appropriate usage under various customer circumstances. Ability to explain, at a high level, the legal implications of a contract agreement. Ability to lead the process of completing and compiling agreements. Ability to insert contract language that operationalizes business relationships with suppliers in order to protect Coca-Cola interests and withstand legal challenges.
Estimated 5% travel annually
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.