Job Description: POSITION SUMMARY:
In accordance with corporate and group policies and procedures, and under direction of the N.A. Director Indirect Procurement, the employee shall lead the implementation of corporate initiatives, create and/or identify cost savings projects in plants or branches, improve the trade working capital. This position is responsible for an annual indirect material spend exceeding $40 Million ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Implements a supply chain strategy to facilitate the cost savings projects since beginning of the initiative to the successfully implementation and validation by Finance controller. Focus is on indirect categories such as MRO, OEM spare parts, Capital & Tooling, etc.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
- Meet or exceed annual goals related to cost and trade working capital
- Manage and influence all levels of key stakeholders in Building Efficiency and Power Solutions that are involve in sourcing or contracting for indirect categories.
- Implement and manage compliance for sourcing strategic initiatives, policies and standards related to the categories under management
- Develop Commodity Strategies for Key Global Commodities
- Leads and facilities cross-functional strategy formulation for related categories, identifying key milestones and lead members of the team to accomplish business objectives
- Drive to identifying savings opportunities to lower category total cost of ownership for manufacturing plant, Head Quarters or branches.
- Manage execution of the region's strategy for specific categories and drives the strategy down to the purchasing professional responsible to implement strategies and actions as reduce suppliers, standardization and demand management
- Prepare, review and analyze RFx documents, lead or support the negotiations process.
- Supplier Contract/Price negotiations
- Act as a center of excellence for the respective categories through complete understanding of Industry, competition, key players, future technologies & innovations etc
- Proactive collaboration with other business units in order to leverage volumes and common suppliers sourcing
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of key measurable.
- Responsible for trade working capital improvement and responsible for the ERP changes.
- Guarantee compliance with BOS and sox procedures
- Clearly understand the needs of the plants and branches
- Engagement to identify supplier diversity initiatives and strategies
- Resolves escalation issues and find resolution including contract compliance failures.
- Ensure all persons contracting for materials and services be in compliance with JCI procurement policies
- Works with minimal supervision and may be assisted by entry and intermediate level employees.
- Proactive work with local indirect buyers to identify opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director Indirect procurement.
- Lead supply base rationalization and supplier development activities
- Leverage of purchases across all Business Units and Regions globally .
Responsible for add/change suppliers according with the BE policies and in compliance with the strategies. Job Qualifications: QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Desire to drive change, continuous improvement and sourcing processes, commodity/category knowledge for their commodity area is required, Travel required.
High level negotiation skills, Self Management, Self Motivated EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required minimum 8 years of procurement experience with a focus on Indirect products/ services. Experience in cost analysis, Strong analytical skills and financial knowledge preferred..
- Min. 2 years of experience in a Strategic Sourcing
- Capability to interface with Senior Leadership across Regions both internally & externally
- In depth understanding of purchasing tools and practices
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong costing & analytical skills
Candidate should have the ability to cooperate with people of varying levels both inside/outside the organization and interacts with the team to establish and achieve team goals and objectives LEADERSHIP
Candidate should have the ability to influence others to achieve results through professional motivation, recognition and performance feedback. Ability to empower others to achieve results.
Strong negotiation skills COMMUNICATION
Candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to express information/ideas in a professional manner to varying levels of people and customers. Strong English skills required. Multi language capabilities preferred. Ability to express information in a manner appropriate to different levels of people and to lead negotiations. INITIATIVE/EXECUTION/INNOVATION
Candidate should have the ability to take actions, make informed decisions and generate ideas to improve overall business performance on key metrics directly influenced by this position. OWNERSHIP/COMMITMENT
Candidate should have the ability to full responsibility for decisions & results even when all elements are not under the individual's direct control. PLANNING/BALANCE
Candidate should have the ability to establish goals consistent with company objectives and to adapt plans to a changing environment.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.