The Procurement Manager for Sweetener Category manages various nutritive sweetener projects and strategic sourcing initiatives as part of the Cross-Enterprise Procurement Group, which includes The Coca-Cola Company, Company Owned Bottling Operations, and Franchise Bottling Operations. The role works closely with Bottlers and TCCC stakeholders to execute sourcing strategies, negotiate global contracts, and help bottlers implement solutions that create business value. This position reports to the Managing Director, Sweetener Category for CEPG, and will work with core team members of Sweetener Category, extended team members from bottlers and analytics resources. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead or participate in global and regional sourcing initiatives using 7-step sourcing process (7SSP) to meet business requirements and maximize value to participants.
• Lead, participate, or manage various team projects including nutritive sweetener specification optimization project.
• Support strategic sourcing objectives through effective procurement of goods and services while building robust working relationships with business partners.
• Develop innovative approaches to sourcing while using analytics and processes to determine scenarios, benefits, risks and change management impact of each of those options.
• Do category and supplier research to understand the market as part of sourcing initiatives.
• Lead or participate in negotiations of global or regional master agreements that result in preferential pricing, terms and conditions for the Coca-Cola system.
• Identify, classify, maintain, and protect files, documentation and sensitive information consistent with record handling and retention requirements.
• Collaborate with stakeholder groups to ensure implementation of sourcing initiatives to realize procurement value. LOCATION
Preferably based in Atlanta, but open to other locations if person can reasonably do the role from his/her current location. TRAVEL
Estimated 15% global travel annually EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum: 3 years of work experience in procurement or relevant related field; Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: 5+ years supply chain or procurement experience; global work experience SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Procurement Knowledge: Knowledge of procurement processes and applications to diverse categories to deliver value for the business. Includes the ability to use financial models, industry knowledge, and the client's business requirements to develop and implement optimized business solutions.
• Working as a Global Team: Ability to work as part of a virtual global team to collaborate across geographic and organizational boundaries to deliver better business results and share best practices across a global System.
• Data and Analytics: Ability to use data and apply robust analytics to model various business scenarios and analyze resulting cost, impact, risks, and benefits to inform and recommend business solutions.
• Competitive Analysis: Knowledge of sources for competitive analysis including supplier and industry data to build competitive intelligence, inform business planning and optimize decision-making.
• Contracts and Agreements: Ability to read, edit and interpret contractual documentation. Knowledge of contract terms, applications and legal requirements, including the ability to manage performance to contracts and agreements. Ability to explain requirements contained in agreements. Knowledge of the types of agreements and the appropriate usage under various customer circumstances. Ability to explain, at a high level, the legal implications of a contract agreement. Ability to lead the process of completing and compiling agreements. Ability to insert contract language that operationalizes business relationships with suppliers in order to protect Coca-Cola interests and withstand legal challenges. FUNCTION SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES
• Identify and recommend improvements to supply chain metrics and performance standards using research, supplier relationships, industry knowledge and best practices in order to secure benefits for the KO system, suppliers and/or the customer (e.g., cost savings, new technologies and innovations, operating efficiencies).
• Determine priorities for one's area of accountability to create clarity about focus and enable work to be completed efficiently.
• Solicit input from key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., field associates, bottlers) in order to ensure that system requirements are identified and considered before negotiating agreements.
• Analyze performance data in order to identify business plan variances using established systems and ad-hoc problem solving.
• Work with analysts to extract, analyze and report mainframe/system data in order to improve supply chain efficiencies using Company sponsored software.
• Identify costs and operating efficiencies in supplier processes in order to generate cost savings for the Company.
• Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis in order to improve operational and financial performance.
• Coordinate with Finance to develop savings and avoidance reports by utilizing market data and competitive intelligence to assess performance of products against business objectives. LEADERSHIP BEHAVIORS
- Act Like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop Self & Others: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential. Drive
- Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business.
- Collaborate with the System, Customers & Key Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.