ARAMARK Business & Industry Facility Services is part of ARAMARK's $2 Billion Global Facilities Business representing a client portfolio of 16,000 facilities and two billion square feet. Everyday we provide workplace, facility, and business support service solutions to a client base encompassing a wide range of environments including but not limited to automotive, life sciences, technology, industrial, manufacturing, and corporate campuses. We are uniquely positioned to integrate a variety of diverse business support functions into a single solution set we often self perform. Our B&I FS solution sets are process based, metric driven and integrates technology to manage and report outcome based performance.
We are seeking a buyer to manage the purchases for a 24/7/365 distribution center in our Chicago location and ensure the food and beverage coming into the distribution center meet specifications. The Buyer will also be responsible for:
- Placing orders with approved vendors for all revenue, non revenue and operating supplies
- Maintain purchasing/vendor compliance
- Enter PO's into WIMS. Monitor the scanning of MA's and verify all items and prices match invoice.
- Monitor WIMS for timely completion of MA's, calling for vendor invoices when needed
- Monitor and maintain proper inventory levels through use of the buyer's tool, weekly counts, and daily warehouse walk around.
- Ensure all inventory is properly accounted for in WIMS
- Assist warehouse managers in supervision/scheduling of receiving staff
- Assist in month end inventories
- Work with other commissaries regarding inventory needs, menu changes, or burn off items, perform W2W transfers in WIMS when product is shipped
- Assist BM in maintaining accuracy of WIMS database regarding UPC's, pack size, product location, vendor setup and maintenance and WOH
- Issue and effectively communicate changes on reversal of one way items and substitutions through "Dear LSA letters"
- Assist with WIMS scanner issues when needed
- Work with BM to keep e rooms reporting up to date
- Active participant in weekly conference calls
Qualifications: The individual we seek will possess the following:
- Associate's degree or the equivalent and 1-2 years of related experience required.
- Working knowledge of computer systems required.
- Experience in Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
- Warehouse inventory experience
- Strong communication and negotiation skills required.
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be results oriented, as well as customer service-focused
- Route based experience is a huge plus
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.