has an exciting opportunity. We are looking for a Procurement Merchandiser
. You will work extensively with producers in procuring grain and setting up marketing programs. You must be able to make decisions and work independently, be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Grain Origination: Procure grain from local producers and call on new accounts
- Work with producers updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, grain programs, and form marketing plans
- Work closely with Grain Marketing personnel (i.e., grain merchants, grain buyers, the hedge desk and accountants) in exchange of information.
- Communicate bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Report and type all purchasing contracts quickly and accurately,
- Assist with rail billing and grain sales settlements as needed.
- Perform daily hedging activities
- Work with the elevator and office staff in the exchange of information to enhance the flow of grain.
- Provide excellent customer service and work well with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with customers and potential customers.
- Work extended hours during peak seasons.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business
- Experience in grain industry
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Grain Procurement experience
- Series III license, required to attain Series III license within the first 12 months of employment
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.