has an exciting opportunity in our Ag Business division. We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing individual who is passionate about agriculture and the grain business to join our Grain Marketing department as a Grain Procurement Merchandiser Trainee
. You will work with Sr. Merchandisers, Producers and Country Elevators. You must be detail oriented, able to build and maintain strong business relationships, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
You will gain knowledge and experience in:
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Make contact with country elevators and farmers updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, and grain programs.
- Work closely with Grain Marketing personnel (i.e., grain merchants, grain buyers, the hedge desk and accountants) in exchange of information.
- Call out, fax, or email bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Report and type all purchasing contracts quickly and accurately.
- Work with the elevator and office staff in the exchange of information to enhance the flow of grain.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of business.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program in Agriculture or Economics related program, or a recent college graduate
- Previous Grain Procurement Internship
- Agriculture Industry experience
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.