Procurement Operations Analyst
Supports all aspects of "Operational Supply Management" for an assigned material group, driving Service, Quality, Inventory & Waste Reduction, and Cost Savings projects. Reporting to Procurement Operations Manager works independently but in a matrix organization, supporting multiple managers and team leads on the Procurement Operations team. May support specific Unilever categories/plants or all categories and works closely with Unilever plants, planning, R&D, and extended procurement teams. - Material portfolio could consist of: spend of up to $30 - $200 million; 25 - 300 suppliers and 500 – 1,000 materials. This role is not a traditional "purchasing" role and does not include commercial negotiations with suppliers. Incumbent will only participate indirectly in supplier selection process through supplier evaluation input.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages day to day operations of material supply for a specific Packaging or Raw Material group into assigned Unilever plants
- Primary support function for Unilever plants on supplier operational issues
- Monitors and drives improvements with assigned suppliers for the following metrics:
· Service (On-Time in Full)
· Quality (Material Rejection Rate and Defect Rate)
· Inventory Reduction
· Write-off Reduction
· Cost Savings
- Continuously analyze data on above metrics to identify improvement activities and using data analysis to drive decision-making
- Coordinate continuous improvements activities on above metrics with suppliers and Unilever plants
- Monitors supplier capacities to prevent supply shortages
- Negotiates lead time and minimum order quantity reductions
- Understand and submit material pricing for contract approvals to Material Portfolio Managers
- Balancing and adjusting conflicting priorities in a fast-changing multi-tasking environment while staying organized and using flexibility and patience.
- Must be able to see problems in entirety, recognize interdependencies and leverage data and influence to drive resolution of problems
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related field with 2-5 years Materials or Supply Chain Planning or manufacturing experience. Experience in purchasing, SAP, TPM, Continuous improvement and project management is an advantage as well as APICS certification .Strong communication skills required for this interfacing, tactical role that requires interaction with a large number of internal and external contacts. Must be able to influence others to deliver on their commitments while managing effectiveness and amount of communication in matrix organization. Must have strong skills in MS Excel.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.