Primary Purpose of the Job
- Business Unit Strategic Buyer executes on relevant Procurement strategies, measures and activities in close cooperation with Business Unit Procurement Plant Lead and Business Unit Procurement Engineers.
- The overall goal is to achieve the best total cost position for all external spend of the respective Business Unit plant, the lowest sourcing risks, best supplier performances and ensuring highest efficiency and effectiveness of the BU Plant Procurement team.
- He/she ensures the optimal collaboration of BU Plant Procurement with BU Procurement Engineering as well as with Global Category Management and Regional Procurement to achieve best procurement results.
Major activities/ Key challenges
- Reports to Business Unit Procurement Plant Lead
- Supports all relevant Plant Procurement Operations functions
- Works in close conjunction and alignment with Business Unit Procurement Engineers
- Executes on savings initiatives and initiates counter measures if necessary
- Performance areas: Cost Savings (SRT), Supplier performance, challenging of material & service specifications (demand management)
- Communicates Supplier issues to Business Unit Procurement Operations Director and Category Management
- Participates in supplier meetings jointly with Category Lead, Business Unit Procurement Engineer and/or Country Lead if relevant for the Plant
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years purchasing experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Degree focus in Supply Chain, Business, Economics or Engineering