The Procurement Operations Team Lead role is part of the global GBS Procurement Services organization and is responsible for managing the execution of key areas of focus within operational procurement, working with a variety of key stakeholders across either manufacturing or corporate environments, or both. This role leads a team of Procurement Analysts including mentoring, coaching, assisting with career development, completing performance appraisals, and day-to-day management of operational activities. The individual is responsible for identifying and addressing process gaps and improvement opportunities within the Procurement Operations Team. They will also be accountable for managing our third party and business partner relationships.
• Contribute to the development of day to day execution plans for the Procurement Services team. Develop operational metrics/ key performance indicators for the team in alignment with execution plans and wider business objectives.
• Review the operational performance of the team on a regular basis to ensure performance as per agreed service levels, key management metrics and goals, and plan corrective action accordingly. Oversee the development and execution of reporting across Procurement Services. Support Americas Procurement Services Operations Manager in providing operational performance updates to leadership.
• Review and take corrective action based on regular operational reports to improve team performance.
• Proactively identify areas of process and quality improvement, develop plans and implement initiatives. Track progress and report as required.
• Lead & Support team in driving changes through business insights.
• Regularly track and resolve outstanding issues that have been escalated, or further escalate to the necessary parties and consistently deliver service exceeding customer expectations.
• Identify changes that require documentation in control or risk management tools (CETs, MOC, Risk Register).
• Lead and/or support external/ internal audits, identify and control risk and drive incident investigation.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and ensure team compliance to operational procedures.
• Direct and supervise the Procurement Operations team to ensure operations are in accordance to established Procurement Services policies, processes and work procedures (including Environment Management and Quality Management Systems), and relevant legal and statutory requirements.
• Ensure that all activities are compliant with the BP HSSE requirements and BP Code of Conduct.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key partners at all levels within the organisation, customers and external service providers to ensure related issues are dealt with in a timely and effective manner. Manage key contractors and supplier relationships to deliver maximum value/impact for BP.
• Perform FTE sizing, plan and assign work to team members, monitor adherence to workforce schedules, highlight and respond to specific gaps by allocating resources appropriately in support of GBS service, control and cost requirements. Support Procurement Services Leadership in managing more complex workforce issues.
• Carry out people management responsibilities for the Procurement Services team in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws:
o Set goals and clarify expectations, provide regular feedback and conduct appraisals.
o Coach team members to address process gaps, identify inefficiencies and help to embed a continuous improvement culture in the organization.
o Identify training opportunities focused on building capability of the team. Help team members think of possible career options and support them in developing associated career development plans.
o Partner with BPO leadership and teams to deliver against agreed expectations for BP stakeholders. Manage exceptions and work process improvement initiatives as ONE TEAM across GBS & BPO.
o Support Procurement Services Leadership in developing a high performance culture promoting continuous learning and focusing on meeting / exceeding customer needs and expectations.
• Bachelor's Degree
Essential experience and job requirements
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in a shared services or operations environment, including but not limited to Finance,Supply Chain, Procurement), or other business function, preferably in a global environment.
• 2-3 years of Leadership Experience (Direct or Indirect)
• Experience in coaching or mentoring others
• Experience with creating and presenting a professional presentation to include insights and analytics to business partners or senior leaders.
• Previous experience in which influencing and relationship management was key to the success of the role.
• Experience in leading or influencing organizational change
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication, influencing, relationship management, analytical, and decision making skills.
• Experience in negotiating and managing conflict resolution
• Highly motivated to deliver value to business partners and end customers both operationally and financially.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Broad knowledge of procurement and accounts payable.
• Experience in leading projects or transitioning new work into teams
• Experience managing forecast, operational budget and resource allocation planning
• Strong experience in e-procurement and ERP systems (SAP)
• Experience in the downstream oil industry helpful.
• Shared service centre experience.
• Previous experience leading Financial or Procurement focused teams
Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future. Global Business Services (GBS) is BP's shared services organisation. GBS add value by standardising and modernising business activities, whilst maintaining a robust control environment and driving operational excellence. There are five GBS Centres globally, situated in Europe, Africa, Asia, America and ANZ and Central Teams across all locations as well as the UK and Houston. BP has established a Global Business Services in the Chicago area which provides Finance, Customer Service and Operational Procurement services to businesses across the Americas. This GBS is part of an integrated network of Global Business Services to support strategic performance unit operations globally, providing cost optimization and process standardization, through global delivery capabilities and enabling technologies. GBS is a dynamic, performance-driven organization that deeply values its customers and its people, and seeks continuous improvement in all it does. All roles in BP Global Business Services offer some form of agile working to enable you to integrate your work and personal commitments. Talk to us about what agile working could look like for you.
Corporate & Functions
[ "24-Nov-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.