Procurement / Inventory Specialist - CALGAZ: Cambridge, MD
The Procurement / Inventory Specialist will handle purchasing and inventory activities at the CALGAZ Cambridge, MD facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Comply with all company safety practices.
• Executing purchasing and inventory activities consistent with the company policies.
• Expedites incoming parts as required.
• Communication with inter-departments, or outside customers when needed for support or problem resolution.
• Supports QA issues with suppliers for quick and accurate resolution of discrepant material
• Ensuring that all requests for quotation have clearly defined mechanical and performance specifications and/or scope of work to effectively communicate company requirements to potential suppliers.
• Analyzing technical and commercial responses from suppliers on required products and services, negotiating the requirements and sourcing the requirement through accepted suppliers.
• Ensuring timely and accurate placement of purchase orders or contracts in accordance with the requirements of project schedule, the project budget, and the approved supplier list, while maximizing the savings achieved in each transaction.
• Handling the daily traffic and logistics of incoming and outgoing material with preferred suppliers
• Coordinating own activities with that of expeditor
• Perform data analysis to provide optimal stocking levels for desired customer support level. .
• Provide advanced analytics to provide lead measures to enable supplier visibility for supply of components.
• Support off-site strategy
• Reviews min and max inventory issues and adjust reorder points and forecast as required to meet production growth.
• Supports internal managers with department specific supply needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• Engineering, technical or business degree preferably with 2 to 4 years or equivalent experience
• Prior purchasing/supply management experience (2 year minimum)
• Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all purchasing functions, purchasing ethics and knowledge of sources for gathering information
• Knowledgeable on equipment and services utilized in the industrial gas business with prior commodity sourcing experience highly desirable.
• Working within a team environment.
• Good problem solving skills and accuracy of data input.
• Knowledge of data analysis and lead-measure indicators for business support.
• Demonstrates being a self-starter and displays the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work on a daily basis
• Basic understanding of logistics
• Ability to work with internal and external customers .
• Strong verbal communication and problem resolution skills
• Sound economic thinking skills with the ability to make informed and logical decisions
• Basic math and accounting skills
• Ability to resolve issues with suppliers with positive results
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Computer skills required: Microsoft office/Word, Excel and other in-house programs ERP and MRP systems
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability