Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark Education provides a complete range of food, facility, uniform and other support services to more than 500 K-12 school districts in the U.S. It offers public and private education institutions a family of dining and facility services including: on-site and off-site breakfast and lunch meal programs, after-school snacks, catering, nutrition education, retail design and operations, maintenance, custodial, grounds, energy management, construction management, and building commissioning. For more information on Aramark's K-12 programs, please visit www.aramarkschools.com .
Description: The Procurement Specialist is responsible for supply chain operations in support of the Aramark/Chicago Public Schools. Achievement of quality, cost reduction, and delivery objectives are of primary importance.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing action plans to improve service, quality, and delivery while reducing costs; ensures timely root cause/corrective action when standards are not met
- Leads daily review of open requests and ensures timely purchase order submissions to vendors
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with customers, suppliers, colleagues and management
- Communicates regularly with all levels of the organization
- Identify, on-board and develop long terms strategic supplier partners for CPS Region
- Provide financial report out and projections for categories managed.
- Processes purchase orders daily; communicates in verbal and written form with suppliers; verifies proper approval authorizations prior to purchase
- Negotiates price and terms with suppliers; identifies alternative sources of supply that meet price, quality, and service expectations
- Ensures timely creation of purchase orders to meet customer delivery date expectations
- Assists accounts payable team with issue resolution to ensure timely shipment of orders from suppliers
- Pursues and/or maintains professional certification in the Supply Chain field
- Supports the development of a Supplier Quality program and its success
- Strong customer centric mentality and exceptional customer service skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization; strong verbal and written communication
- Strong influencing, negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving, project management, and analytical skills
- Exceptional technical aptitude; ability to quickly learn new systems
- Expertise in procurement of goods and services
- Competency with the MS Office suite and the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and act
- Four-year degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or similar degree required
- Four or more years customer service and leadership experience
- Two or more years purchasing experience.
- Process Improvement certification a plus
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.