The Procurement Systems and Tools Lead is responsible for managing the procurement systems and systems-related processes and support used by Shire Procurement globally. The successful candidate will lead a team of two direct reports and lead the development, deployment and continuous improvement of the procurement systems and provide ongoing system support. Additionally, the successful candidate will manage the current procurement systems project portfolio and create the technology roadmap, working closely with the IT Business Partner and stakeholders. To be successful in this role, the Procurement Systems and Tools lead will promote system utilization and process alignment within the Procurement organization and with all key stakeholders, with a focus on driving innovation and sustainable continuous improvements. The successful candidate will have proven and demonstrable expertise with the various sourcing tools and analytical methods commonly practiced and used within world-class, global strategic Procurement organizations. The candidate will need to have very strong interpersonal, communications and problem solving skills. This is a highly visible role and will interact with senior and high profiled leaders across Shire. The incumbent should display a passion for strategic sourcing, supply management and continuous improvement.
60% Systems and Solutions Development and Process Management
• Develop the right framework of systems, processes and tools for Procurement to do their job and, where appropriate, for other functional areas to self-serve
• Drive digital solutions to enable Procurement's agility
• Develop and update the Global Procurement Systems Strategy
• Direct the documentation of our current processes and requirements (business architecture) and develop our future/"to be" processes for Procurement requirements
• Ensure team provides appropriate end-user support and continuous improvement of existing Procurement systems across organization
• Build capabilities within Procurement to enhance ability to utilize supplier and spend data to enhance category strategies and category management activities.
• Partner with Procurement's IT Business Partner for better solutions, seek and utilize feedback from users and stakeholders for continuous improvement
• Drive and lead the development of process improvement projects for Procurement systems.
• Collaborate with Global Business Services GBS Site Leads and Procure to Pay Process Leads to develop ways of working together to optimize the Procure-to-Pay process.
• Ensure systems and data integrity for accuracy and consistency
• Support Procurement Integrations, M&A, Rollout Systems to new entities
• Manage and develop the Procurement Systems Support Team
30% Performance Management
• Define and manage a Performance Indicator Suite, ensure availability/accurateness of data and tracking system utilization
• Solicit stakeholder input to continuously improve information delivery format and detail to drive performance
• Develop IT support indicators and manage IT performance and responsiveness
• Develops, creates and maintains Annual Procurement Planning Calendar
10% Business Subject Matter Expert
• Benchmark internally and externally and ensure Procurement processes, tools and solutions are effectively enabling Operations
• Organize exchange and benchmark platforms for users related to Procurement systems
• Ensure knowledge about the IT systems by the users and ensure user support
Education & Experience Requirements
• BA or BS required. Procurement qualification (e.g. CPSM, MCIPS) preferred; MBA is preferred
• Minimum of 10 plus years' experience in Procurement /Procurement Systems
• Minimum 5 years' experience in project management in Supply Chain or Procurement
• Must have demonstrated problem solving/ troubleshooting skills.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Management and its interconnectivity
• Strong experience with Procurement Systems/IT applications
• Solid prior experience using Procurement systems and tools (i.e., eSourcing, spend visibility category management, contract management, etc.)
• Solid ERP systems experience
• A degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.