Spectrum News Albany is available on channels 1, 9 and 200 exclusively on Spectrum for customers in the New York State Capital region including Saratoga, Glen Falls and Pittsfield, MA. Spectrum News Albany serves the Capital District of eastern New York and Hudson Valley with 24-hour local news, politics, features and weather seven days a week. The 24-hour news channel shares content with its sister channels in the Spectrum News Networks family: Spectrum News channels in Hudson Valley, Syracuse, Binghamton, Buffalo, Rochester and New York City, New York; in Austin and San Antonio, Texas; in Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh, North Carolina; and in Tampa and Orlando, Florida. The channel first launched on October 11, 2002.SUMMARY
Responsible for producing assigned newscasts and reporting news stories under the direction of a shift manager. Employee will be asked to write and copy edit for news production.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates accurately timed newscasts that meet format requirements within established deadlines.
- Produces assigned newscasts and news inserts making decisions on story lineup, video/audio, graphics, and timing to construct the show.
- Writes stories for anchors as required. Stories should be written in a clear and concise conversational manner.
- Coordinates with graphic artists in developing the graphics for the show.
- Performs editing functions or fill in as Senior/Executive Producer as required.
- Produces and writes special reports as directed by managers.
- Works with news staff to create the newscast product.
- Responsible for accuracy of facts in the on-air product.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee may also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor and other management as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in broadcast journalism or related field.
- Minimum 4 years electronic news experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of our communities and news markets preferred.
- Television news producing experience preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, news judgment, computer skills, ability to make decisions and work under pressure.
- Ability to shoot and edit videotape preferred.
- Operate various office machines including computer and office software.
- Thorough knowledge of operation and office policies and procedures. Must have ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
Chartersupports a drug-free environment. M/F/D/V#LI-SN
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.