More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. The ideal candidate will have Center of the Plate and/or Seafood knowledge. POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for performance and management with obtaining the overall goals of the department such as an acceptable fill rate, DSO (days sales outstanding), Earned Income Growth and helping communications between the Merchandising and Sales departments. Manages local OpCo assortment to meet sales demands and execute and support Corporate category growth initiatives. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the plan for procurement within the local merchandising organization
- Manage OpCo level inventory metrics and service goals
- Responsible for realized equity, earned income and product mix for the OpCo including item equity management
- Manage the rollout of corporate and Market Merchandising initiatives at the local company
- Validate Pricing updates and ensure integrity
- Review and work with Revenue Management to approve self-funded customer deviations
- Oversight of supplier-funded customer deviated pricing
- Provide necessary local feedback to the market and corporate teams for action or alignment
- Negotiate and manage local level programs
- Approve new item requests for the sales team
- Manage shrink and approve credits as needed
- Approve Returns per company policy
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's or equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of degree sufficient to successfully perform essential job functions required.
- 3+ years experience required. Experience working within a retail, wholesale or distribution environment required.
- Strong organizational and execution skills in order to drive sales results through merchandising activities
- Ability to execute all Merchandising standard processes
- Ability to drive merchandising change
- Strong supplier negotiation skills and ability to form a professional working relationship with suppliers and brokers
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and collaborate with dotted line reporting
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate timely communication
- Strong Excel skills preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.