Working in partnership with Product Management, development, quality assurance, PMO, customer engagement and other cross functional groups this role is primarily focused on defining and documenting requirements for new products and enhancements to the LoanCenter Loan Origination System. This level of PA has experience and knowledge of the Mortgage industry and uses that client knowledge to align products/features used by origination function and anticipate further product needs and impact. The PA ensures that the product vision is realized and the product/enhancement is successfully brought to market. Senior Product Analysts are responsible for assessing, documenting, and tracking product features/functionality, internal and external training requirements, deployment and customer boarding requirements and all other processes associated with product deployment. Provides primary and/or secondary support to sales and customer facing functions regarding product features and functionality.
• Defines Requirements: Working with Product Management the PA facilitates discovery of complex and varied business requirements to bring product features to fruition. Often working across the business unit, gathers information and documents process and requirements for all aspects of a deployment including features/functionality, customer configuration, customer support, etc. Gathers product vision and/or high-level business requirements from Product Managers and then determines, defines, and documents the detailed requirement for product/enhancement.
• Validate Requirements: Validates requirements with all stake-holders including Product Manager, Product Development, QA, PMO, and all impacted functional groups.
• Design Process: Participates in and strongly influences the development project team process providing and collecting information to ensure product requirements and functionality are being met and addressed with development team. Must participate and understand how developers are working on the project, and align customer requirements to make decisions along the way. Closely monitors and coordinates all activities necessary for a successful deployment, making trade-offs, allocating resources and notifying impacted parties of any changes.
• Documentation: Creates internal and external user documentation. Identifies and documents internal user and process requirements and related solutions through a complete production cycle.
• Production Readiness: Primary representative for Product Management in long term and day-to-day activities related to the development, user acceptance testing and roll-out of the product/enhancement, escalating to Lead Product Analyst or Product Managers, when necessary. Represents product management in day to day production to identify problems, research alternatives, drive solutions, respond to questions, troubleshoot issues, manage details of production and serve as key resource through to successful project completion. Conducts training of internal groups around products.
• Works on the entirety of complex deployments. Responsible for projects that cross functional lines and may span business units.
• Using high level requirements and objectives, has authority to make decisions on product feasibility and functionality.
• Interacts with development process in decision making around functionality of product.
• Takes input from Product Management regarding high-level requirements.
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interview, formulate questions
• Strong analytical skills
• Has basic knowledge of general business environment/operation and has general cost benefit awareness.
• Excellent organizational and project management and facilitation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with/influencing cross-functional teams and gaining consensus.
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
• Extensive knowledge of Mortgage industry and Loan Origination Systems
• Background in both Agile and Waterfall product development methodologies
• Prefer BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience if no degree
• Typically has 6+ years of Business/Process Analyst or directly related experience in the Mortgage or Loan Origination System Businesses.
Positions will move to Cypress Waters in January 2017.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.