Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Product Analyst to support product market analysis, pricing and strategy development. This is an opportunity to join the Aerospace Product Management team of an innovative, global organization. The position is located at our aerospace fastener plant in Sylmar, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop integrated tools and processes to aid in spot market quoting and LTA development activity and back up Product Managers and Pricing Analysts as necessary in their daily duties.
- Create, run and analyze various reports.
- Develop product pricing.
- Involved in creation of product strategy development.
- Establish improved methods for implementing price curve adjustments to account for changes in material and labor.
- Responsible for insuring that the contract database is current and provide monthly reports summarizing market/margin opportunities.
- Interact with Methods, IT, Finance, and Engineering personnel in performing daily duties.
- Interfaces with customer business teams, service, finance and manufacturing division for most effective and profitable marketing of new products.
- Develops technical opinions and estimates of time and costs of new product development and oversees all activities relative to the development of potentially profitable products.
- Determines criteria used in screening new product ideas and prepares complete proposals for management action.
- Evaluates, coordinates and recommends ideas and suggestions for new products, evaluates market opportunities and effect on market for products, and recommends exploitation of economically attractive products.
- Develops and recommends marketing objectives, including sales volume and profit forecasts.
- Supports market development and sales promotion and is responsible for pricing policies for assigned product or products.
- Prepares sales forecasts for use in planning manufacturing operations and controlling inventories.
- Manages, plans, initiates, sustains, oversees and implements modifications of assigned product or products.
- Maintains contact with the customer business teams to monitor trends and keep informed of sales force needs.
- Reviews complaints and suggestions relative to assigned product or products.
- Participates in the preparation of advertising programs for the assigned product or products and supervises market research. Develops and recommends new product concepts.
- Coordinates activities with CBT's to ensure complete customer satisfaction. May interact with customers directly in coordination with CBT.
- Facilitates production planning, being the liaison between the customer and manufacturing.
- Strives to increase profitability of product lines through pricing and/or or cost control.
- Coordinates all customer visits and interfaces with them for specific needs.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with internal staff and external customers; must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Strong mathematical skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including advanced Excel skills. Ability to create and work with Excel pivot tables, VLOOKUP, formulas, etc.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to think creatively outside the box.
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Analyst or Finance role
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Engineering or a technical discipline, from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of experience in a Pricing Analyst, Product Analyst, Sales Analyst, or Market Analyst role.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with market analysis or sales analysis strongly preferred
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Experience in the Fastener manufacturing industry
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.