We're looking for a passionate, organized individual to join our cross-functional energy efficiency and localization team that works with product managers, engineers, and client-facing teams in the Utilities Global Business Unit at Oracle | Opower. As a Product and Energy Efficiency Specialist, you'll become an expert in the Opower suite of consumer-facing products and help adapt our products for different markets and languages.
In this position, you'll gain experience in the rapidly growing field of behavioral energy efficiency and develop a deep understanding of how utilities deliver content to and engage with their customers around the world. You'll work in a very fast-paced environment where each client requires custom solutions and variability is the norm. This is an ideal job for a hands-on achiever who wants to be a part of a dynamic, growing team in Virginia and is excited by the challenge of adapting and localizing products to save energy.
This job will be located in our Arlington, VA office with some travel. Multilingual applicants strongly preferred. Core Responsibilities
- Act as project manager for consumer content localization. This includes serving as the internal point of communication around project status, timelines, quality control and risk assessment.
- Research how households use energy and use your findings to develop innovative methods of targeting and prioritizing energy efficiency tips. This includes constructing and maintaining data-intensive Excel tools and sharing them with stakeholders throughout the company.
- Manage contract linguists and energy efficiency experts throughout the entire localization process. This includes onboarding contractors on product context and acting as the liaison between these contractors and internal teams and clients
- Become an expert in behavioral science principles and communicate how they relate to Opower products and the utility customer journey
- Effectively communicate the research and localization process to internal and external stakeholders; lead discussions between contractors and clients
Nice to have
- You have a bachelor's degree (or higher) and 3-5 years of work experience
- You have a solid background in energy efficiency and are interested in learning a ton more about energy, behavioral science, and product localization
- You're excited about helping people around the world save energy
- You have strong project management experience, including coordination with external contractors and vendors
- You're an excellent oral and written communicator and have experience in client-facing roles
- Cross-cultural communication? No problem. You have high EQ, are good with people, and are effective at switching between communication methods with non-native English speakers.
- You're incredibly, almost insanely, detail-oriented and organized.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment and can problem-solve in creative ways.
- You have experience living and/or working overseas, are familiar with cultural adaptation, and love languages.
- You're tech-savvy. Basic HTML and intermediate Excel functions like =vlookup are your long-time friends. Familiarity with other programming languages is not required, but is a plus.
- You have an interest in user research
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.