You will partner with LinkedIn's business development team to ensure that LinkedIn can continue to lawfully provide products and services that help connect the world's professionals to make them more successful and productive. You will provide day-to-day advice and counsel to LinkedIn's business development team regarding strategic business deals, including drafting and negotiating issues in contracts relating to intellectual property, security and privacy. You will also provide legal support to LinkedIn's business development team as they develop partner programs related to new and existing products, including product counseling and drafting of legal templates. You will work in a fast-paced, well-rounded, collaborative and motivated team legal team that values humor and team work.
- Counsel and advise LinkedIn's business development team on business and legal terms in strategic business partnering agreements and related legal issues, questions and requests.
- Counsel and advise LinkedIn's business development team in the management and development of API partner programs.
- Ensure that privacy and security terms in these agreements are consistent with LinkedIn's privacy commitments to its members and applicable law.
- Draft and negotiate contract terms consistent with LinkedIn's interests with respect to intellectual property rights and business goals.
- Draft and negotiate contracts around evolving technologies and business models, in a manner that supports LinkedIn's business goals and protects LinkedIn's and its members' intellectual property rights.
- Draft and negotiate contacts supporting the marketing of LinkedIn's products and services.
- Collaborate with product counsel to advise LinkedIn's product team on product-related legal issues, questions and requests.
- Support clear and consistent disclosures to LinkedIn members that enable them to make informed choices about privacy and other terms of service.
- To self-help in most cases, but also recognize when it is appropriate to use outside counsel expertise and manage outside counsel assisting with the above as necessary.
- You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to drive projects, identify and resolve legal and business issues, and earn the confidence and cooperation of your business partners.
- You have high standards, impeccable integrity, unquestionably good judgment, seasoned analytical skills, superior oral and written communication skills and a keen sense of humor.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, yet experience in creating procedure with efficient implementation.
- You communicate effectively, work independently, are effective in a fast-paced environment and can partner with and manage outside counsel.
- When you see an issue that needs addressing, your instinct is to jump in and address it.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in technology transactions with a focus on privacy and/or product law.
- J.D. and admission to California Bar.
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts with a business focus and counseling on consumer and B2B products, including issues of privacy, intellectual property and consumer rights.
- Top law firm or in-house experience preferred.
- International experience a plus, especially Germany, China and Japan.
- Advertising technology experience, a plus.
- CIPP certification a plus.
- Leverage - The ability to inspire others around you
- Leadership - Do more with less/impact process that can scale with growth
- Results - Be accountable for producing results above what is expected