The Product Assessment (PA) Team in Biotechnology Trait Testing is seeking an innovative, motivated, and energetic scientist to focus on Yield Traits within the broader Microbials and Yield Traits team. The Product Assessment Scientist will drive next-generation Yield Traits field testing and product development working across crops and functions. The role requires scientific and project leadership, field trial experimentation, and collaboration across functions and teams to meet key project deliverables.
Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
The Product Assessment Scientist provides leadership in the following areas:
• Product Development- Evaluates product concepts through field assessment of a broad Yield traits portfolio including development of novel Yield traits products.
• Field Assessment- Develops and implements multi-year field trial strategies to assess and develop Yield Traits product technologies as part of the broader product systems.
• Crop Expertise- Provides expertise and scientific innovation in plant biology and biotechnology, crop science, agronomy, and understanding of germplasm, trait, and environmental effects.
• Decisions & Product Advancements- Drives scientific analysis and decision making with partners for phase advancements of traits and product concepts advancing through the pipeline.
The Product Assessment Scientist collaborates with Project Teams in Biotechnology, Crop Teams, Regulatory, IT, Breeding and Commercial to leverage broad knowledge in protocol design, assessment, and field testing strategies. Furthermore, the successful applicant will value and leverage team diversity and personal development to achieve results.
• Management of crop cycle for field trials, strategic plan development, resource forecasting, and development of protocol and criteria for product advancement decisions.
• Field trial and data analysis, results interpretation and summary, and communication of advancement recommendations.
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of a Master's degree in Breeding, Genetics, Agronomy, Crop Science or a related scientific field
• Minimum of one or more years of related experience
• Working IT and Statistical knowledge
• Ability to analyze scientific results, draw conclusions and clearly communicate to stakeholders to influence and drive needed outcomes
• Strong partnering, well organized, results oriented, attention to detail, and self-motivated
• Ability to travel domestically and work in an outdoor environment
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
• PhD in Breeding, Genetics, Agronomy, Crop Science or a related scientific field
• Five or more years of related experience
• Experience in plant growth and development and crop science in corn and/or soy
• Strong agronomy skills with previous experience in conducting agronomic and efficacy trials
• Prior experience in project leadership
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.