Utilize experience in manufacturing engineering, mechanical design and machining / fabrication to collaborate with Design Engineering team to implement DFx principles (design for cost, manufacturability, produceability, and assembly)
Using the DFc tools and processes; daily tasks will include deep integration with the development team to review, evaluate, and modify of engineering designs to facilitate product optimization for improved cost, quality, and lead-time. Responsibilities
Qualifications: Job Specific Knowledge
- Evaluate design with respect to factors influencing cost, manufacturability, produceability and lead-time
- Aggressively identify design alternatives, processes, and specifications that will reduce costs while achieving required product functionality (i.e. Alternative material and manufacturing methods)
- Conduct Dimensional Management and Tolerance Analysis for part manufacturability.
- Ability to manipulate 3D Models for Digital Mock Up and Virtual Build.
- Facilitate DFc workshops with cross function team. Drive closure on issues identified to optimize design.
- Negotiate supplier contract terms as required and aligned CBM/MPM
- Perform other duties as assigned. Duties may vary according to the project in progress and/or the specific goals of the product group.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of design engineering discipline, theories, practices and principles.
- Strong understanding of Applied's technologies.
- Requires knowledge necessary to perform the job function, DFc Engineering principles, product development process, value engineering, and Produceability / Manufacturability analysis, product structure, bill of materials, product safety and root cause analysis.
- Requires strong skills in project management, problem solving, communication skills, customer orientation, product knowledge, influencing, team skills, and issues management.
- Knowledge of fabrication and manufacturing methods (Machining, Sheet Metals, Welding, and Ceramics....) required
- Must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of CAD package such as NX ans Solidworks. Good knowledge of MS Office Suite... MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and understanding Oracle or SAP for BOM development is a plus.
- BS level degree in an Engineering discipline
- 7 years design / manufacturing engineering experience, or equivalent.
- 5 years previous experience in manufacturing engineering preferred.
- Prior Semiconductor product experience will be a plus.
- Ability to travel 10%
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.