Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Key Responsibilities
1.Advanced Knowledge of Manufacturability / Producibility practices specific to machined, sheet metal parts, plastics and some assemblies.
Self-starter and ability to drive things to completion
Detail orientation/analytical methodology
Project Management capability; ability to independently manage projects
2.Perform technical calculations on medium complex BTP parts and assemblies to determine a fair and acceptable price for both Applied Materials and our suppliers
3.Evaluate and identify additional cost reduction ideas to further reduce the part cost below our "should cost" and present these to the DE's (DFx)
4.Able to analyze manufacturing processes of a sub-assembly/part and generate process steps. Advanced knowledge of latest manufacturing processes. Able to judge cost effective manufacturing process and to make the suppliers understand and follow the process
5.Advanced knowledge of GD&T standards for proper application. Able to explain to suppliers how to interpret.
Advanced communication skills to work with cross functional teams like Materials/Mfg./Quality/Suppliers are a must.
6.Assist sourcing organization in selecting the proper supplier based on the part's feature, size, and material to match the supplier's core competency. (Putting the right part in the right supplier at the right price)
7.Lead Negotiations with suppliers when their current or quoted pricing is 12% above our "should cost".
8.Assist the suppliers (when needed) with alternative manufacturing methods / procedural changes to lower cost and increase quality.
Advanced understanding of secondary processes and packaging requirements.
Complexity -complex BTP parts and medium assemblies ; $500 - $1500 Functional Knowledge
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.